This property is no longer on the market
1 bedroom retirement property
- Available now
- Ground floor apartment
- One bedroom but with
- Bathroom with bath and electric shower
- Double glazing
- Electric heating
Milton House is a high-quality development of well-appointed apartments designed specifically for the comfort of retired people and situated within a short bus ride of the town and close to a local park. The retirement apartments here offer many advantages to those who wish to make the most of their increased leisure and other opportunities that retirement brings. Milton House is a small community of apartments that offer comfort, support and security to all residents and an alarm in most rooms links to the telecom system providing instant support if required in an emergency. There is a residents' lounge where neighbours can meet up and attention is paid to details such as high-level sockets, double glazing and all-electric heating. There is even a guest room for a small daily charge for any visitors who cannot otherwise be accommodated.
Milton House gives security and independence and is sought after due to its proximity and level walking distance to Forde Park and the bus service situated immediately outside the complex. Please see agent's notes at the end of these details for further information regarding this development or feel free to telephone us for any further information you require.
Communal entrance door to generous communal entrance hall with water feature. There is a lift to all floors.
Flat 3 Milton House is allocated on the Ground Floor and approximately 40 level paces from the communal entrance.
Hallway 8' x 3' 02" (2.44m x 0.97m) Textured and coved ceiling with pendant light point. Smoke detector. Wall-mounted Telecom entry system linked to communal front door to complex. Emergency pull cord. Door to Built-in airing cupboard, floor-standing factory lagged cylinder, slatted shelving and water tank over. Textured ceiling, light point. Wall-mounted electric meter and consumer unit.
Lounge/ Diner 19' into window x 10' 07" (5.79m x 3.23m) Light bright generous room with coved and textured ceiling. UPVC double-glazed boxed window to front aspect with views over the surrounding area. High-level power points TV aerial point. Night storage heater.
Feature fireplace with electric fire to marble hearth and Archway to
Kitchen 7' 04" x 5' 05" (2.24m x 1.65m) Coved and textured ceiling, extractor fan. Roll Edge worksurfaces to three walls with range of drawers and cupboards under a further range of matching wall mounted units. Inset four ring electric hob with electric oven under. Integrated fridge. One-and-a-half bowl single drainer sink unit with mixer tap over. Vinyl flooring. Strip light.
Bedroom 15' 01" x 8' 10" into wardrobes (4.6m x 2.69m) A light bright room with coved and textured ceiling. Night storage heater. uPVC double glazed tilt and turn window to front aspect. Wall light point. Range of fitted wardrobes comprising of two wardrobes, storage cupboards over and bedside drawer units. Emergency pull cord. Smoke detector. TV Ariel Point. High-level power points.
Bathroom 6' 09" x 5' 05" (2.06m x 1.65m) Panelled bath with twin hand grips, mixer tap. Wall-mounted Mira electric shower with shower head and riser. Fully tiled walls. Strip light, coved and textured ceiling. Vanity style wash hand basin with double storage cupboard under and large wall width mirror over. Close coupled WC.
Electric heated towel rail. Dimplex electric wall heater.
1. Guest rooms are available - approximate charge is £ 20 (single occupancy) £30.00 (Dual Occupancy) per night. Located on the first floor accessible via lift.
2. The development contains 43 apartments in total.
3. Age restriction - 55 years (one partner is required to be of this age or above)
4. Heating is all-electric - no gas into the properties.
5. Laundry - Full facility included in maintenance.
6. Communal Gardener
7. Windows cleaned every two months.
8. Manager on site Monday to Friday 9am to 4.30pm
Viewing Guidance - Ridgewater Property Ltd
* This guidance is to ensure that viewings can be conducted safely and in accordance with HM Government guidance.
* Where available prospective viewers will be required to look at the 3D virtual tour before a viewing is arranged.
* Prospective viewers will be asked qualifying questions to check they would pass reference and are in a position to move (SSTC)
* No one will be allowed to visit a property or the office if they have been showing symptoms (no matter how mild) or have been asked to self-isolate
* All visitors to properties will need to be wearing face coverings and gloves before entering the property.
* Visitors are not to touch any surface (IE not open cupboard doors, windows etc)
* Visitors should wash their hands before and after entering the property with hand sanitiser or soap and water.
* Only 2 people will be allowed to visit a property.
* No under 18 will be allowed into the property.
To pass the referencing for this property applicants need to pass a credit report and will require an annual household income of 30x the monthly rent, this income can not include any tax credits, universal credit or housing benefit.
In order to rent a property through Ridgewater, you will be required to make the following payments:
Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: Equivalent to one week's rent (this holding deposit is then later used towards your tenancy deposit)
- Tenancy Deposit: Equivalent to five weeks rent.
- Rent In Advance: One month rent in advance
- Companies seeking to rent a property will be required to pay £300 including VAT (£250 plus VAT) for the completion of a Company Reference carried out by an independent referencing agency.
Permitted payments during the tenancy:
- Rent (payable in advance)
- Payments to other third parties: such as council tax, utilities or payments for communications services;
- Default charges: such as payments for the replacement of lost keys or interest on overdue rent may be applied.
- Tenancy changes: Such as requests to vary the terms of or reassign the tenancy may also be applied which will be limited to £50 including VAT (£41.67 plus VAT).
Once a holding deposit has been paid the subject property will not be marketed to others.
Holding deposits will be paid towards the tenancy deposit upon commencement of the tenancy, where successful referencing and statutory checks have been completed.
A holding deposit will be retained by Ridgewater where the prospective tenant:
1. Withdraws from the property before entering into the tenancy agreement
2. Provides false information for referencing purposes
3. Fails to act reasonably to enter into the tenancy before the deadline for agreement
4. Fails 'Right to Rent' checks
Ridgewater Property Ltd is also a member of The Property Ombudsman redress scheme. and have Client Money Protection with CMP. You can find out more details on the Ridgewater website () or by contacting Ridgewater directly.
Ridgewater Sales & Lettings - Paignton
243 Torquay Road Paignton TQ3 2HL
See more properties like this:
Property reference R140625. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Ridgewater Sales & Lettings - Paignton. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.
*UKCreditRatings offer a 14-day trial to their credit report service. If you choose not to cancel within the trial period, you will incur the monthly subscription of £19.95 until you cancel the account.