- Residential Development Site
- Five Barn Conversions Proposed
- Full Change of Use Planning
- Site Area 1.36 Acre or thereabouts
- Total Development Floor Area 7,510 sq.ft approx
- Sizeable Garden Areas, Open Views
- Collingham 1 mile, Newark 7 miles
- Nil CIL Charge
John Blow Primary School (1.3mi.)
Sutton-On-Trent Primary and Nursery School (2.2mi.)
North Scarle Primary School (2.4mi.)
A residential development site with full planning permission for the conversion of four barns to five dwellings. The site extending to 1.36 acre or thereabouts, is situated adjacent to open countryside midway between the villages of Collingham and Besthorpe.
The site is convenient for Collingham railway station, the A1 and A46 trunk roads and just 7 miles from Newark.
The development offers stunning and varied designs comprising a Granary Barn conversion, Grain Store Barn conversion, Cow Shed conversions (two units) and a brick and tile detached Barn. The total floor area of the proposed units is 7,510 sq.ft approximately.
The key design principle and concept forms a coherent group of residential units whilst retaining the character of the farmyard in a vernacular form providing five residential units with an exceptionally high standard of sustainable design and considerably above average sized garden areas.
Local amenities in Collingham include a primary school, a Co-op store, family butchers, hairdressers, medical centre and pharmacy. There are school bus services from Collingham and excellent social amenities. There is a railway station also at Collingham with train services directly to Nottingham and Lincoln. Newark is situated on the main east coast railway line with fast services to London Kings Cross, York, Newcastle and the North.
Town And Country Planning - Full planning permission is granted under Newark and Sherwood District Council reference 20/00194/FUL for change of use of four barns to 5 new dwellings including a garage, garden store building, removal of one steel frame and clad store shed, new private sewerage treatment unit and new vehicular access and access driveway. The conditional consent is dated 10th June 2020.
The documents which may be viewed on the Newark and Sherwood District Council planning website
- Plans and Elevations
- Arboricultural Report
- Visibility Splay and Access Road Plans
Schedule Of Areas - No.1Granary Barn/Cart shed conversion (2 beds) 151 sq.m (1,625 sq.ft)
No.2Grain store barn conversion (3 beds) & Garage 162 sq.m (1,744 sq.ft)
No.3Cowshed brick barn conversion (2 beds) 126 sq.m (1,356 sq.ft)
No.4Cowshed brick barn conversion (2 beds) 160 sq.m (1,722 sq.ft)
No.5Brick & tile detached barn (3 beds) 99 sq.m (1,065 sq.ft)
Community Infrastructure Levy - The site is assessed with a NIL charge.
Conditions Of Sale - 1. Ownership of the new entrance drive (coloured yellow on the attached plan) will be retained by the Vendors. The Purchaser and successors in Title shall be granted rights of access for all purposes and all times. The developer is to re-align the hedgerow between the access point to the new driveway and the existing access to the field which is to be closed and the highway verge re-instated by the developer to the satisfaction of the Highways Authority. The developer also to re-align the hedgerow. Ownership of the new verge, that is the land to the west of the driveway, and to the road side verge shall be retained by the Vendors. The purchaser is responsible for constructing the whole of the new entrance driveway including the section which is shown in yellow on the attached plans.
2. The trees and hedgerow in front of the existing cottage and West View Farm are to be removed by the Vendors farming company to facilitate the Visibility Splay.
3. The private sewerage treatment plant allocated area shall be conveyed with the sale of the property. The Vendors will fence this enclosure prior to completion of sale. The Vendors will grant an Easement on the retained land for soak away drainage.
4. The soil "bund" on retained land to the east of dwelling No.2 and dwelling No.3 will be removed by the vendors.
5. The purchasers will be responsible for surfacing the new driveway in accordance with the planning conditions including also at the point of entry to a depth of 20m behind the highway boundary.
6. The existing driveway to the Cottage and Farmyard is NOT included in the sale. No temporary use will be allowed.
7. The lean-to shed adjoining Unit 1 and the retained property will be removed by the Vendors prior to completion of the sale.
8. The existing electric meter supply box is to be discontinued and removed by the Vendors. The Purchasers should make their own enquiries to Western Power regarding the supply and subject to the intended loading, the upgrading of an existing transformer.
9. The Purchasers shall provide a new water connection from the main road mains supply. No use of any existing supply is permitted.
Site Plan - An ordnance survey extract is attached to the sale particulars with the property to be sold outlined red.
The proposed site plan-barn conversions and layout is also attached to these sale particulars.
Barn 1 -
The Granary Conversion - Artists Impression -
Barn 2 -
The Grain Store Conversion - Artists Impression -
Barn 3 & 4 -
The Dairy Conversion - Artists Impression -
Barn 5 -
The Farm Store Conversion - Artists Impression -
Tenure - The property is freehold and offered with full vacant possession.
Viewing - The site is secure and viewing is strictly by appointment with the selling agents Richard Watkinson & Partners.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: