Introduction: Ridge House Stables is a fantastic site away from the banks of the Wye at Chepstow with a smart house, commanding excellent views over the valley to the north. It is unusual to find a good house in a beautiful spot with such good facilities for the racehorse trainer or indeed other equestrian uses.
The stabling is a mix of a traditional courtyard and barns, which are served by a woodchip gallop rising steadily and with a grass strip at its finish. These are suited to training both National Hunt and flat horses. The view from the top of the gallops overlooks the Severn Estuary towards the Cotswolds. It is special place for owners to watch their horses work.
In addition to racing, Ridge House Stables is suitable for a wide range of equestrian, residential and agricultural uses. Subject to the relevant planning consents there is scope for a second house.
History: Ridge House Stables was built by Ron Harris in 2003, where he has trained National Hunt and flat horses, having a particularly good record for sprinters ; winning the Qatar Prix du Petit Couvert (Gr. 3), The Dubai Duty Free Sapphire Stakes (Gr. 3) and twice winning the valuable Hong Kong Sprint Heritage Handicap at Ascot.
Location: Only 7 miles from the M48 and the Severn Bridge, the property has easy access to the M4 corridor. The M5 gives access to Cheltenham, Gloucester and the Midlands to the north. The A48 goes south west to Cardiff.
Chepstow racecourse is 5 miles away Worcester, Hereford, Cheltenham, Stratford and Bath racecourses are all within around an hour and a half and the schools at Monmouth are 15 miles away and Ridge House Stables lies within the Curre and Llangibby Hunt country.
Ridge House: Built on the site of an older farm steading in 2003 of local stone under a slate tiled roof, with 5 reception rooms, 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, Ridge House is an excellent house for entertaining; with a large conservatory and terrace looking over the valley. The house is about 4,600 square feet.
The front door leads in to good sized hall with high ceilings and a staircase to the right, doors on the left lead to a large sitting room with a fireplace, straight ahead to an office and a second sitting room, and on the right the dining room.
The kitchen, with well arranged units and a 2 oven oil fired Aga has a large conservatory with stunning views to the Cotswolds in the distance. There is a good-sized utility room and laundry with back door. Upstairs there are 5 bedrooms and 4 bathrooms, 3 of which are ensuite. The master bedroom has a good-sized walk-in wardrobe.
Ridge House Stables Buildings:
Numbers relate to the block plan
1. Ridge House
2. Traditional quadrangle yard of 25 boxes, with feed room, tack room, WC and bedsit above. Built in 2003 and rendered under a slate tiled roof.
3. Barn, built in 2013 by Morgans of Usk, around 37m by 25m, under fibre cement roof, clad with box profile sheeting over concrete blocks and with a central partition; housing 23 boxes, lunge pit and extensive storage.
4. Barn of rendered concrete blockwork and box profile sheet cladding under a fibre cement roof, around 32m by 11m with 20 boxes.
5. 5 bay covered Claydon horse walker.
6. 2 mobile homes.
Land at Ridge House Stables:
There around 9½ acres of paddocks, well fenced and arranged close to the buildings. There are 29½ acres of arable land with around the perimeter, the woodchip all-weather gallop which is well proven, producing consistent results from a kind surface
In all about 46.88 acres (18.97 ha.)
Method of Sale:
Ridge House Stables is offered for sale as a whole by private treaty.
Freehold with Vacant Possession.
Monmouthshire County Council.
Council Tax and Business Rates:
Property Council Tax Band Council Tax Payable 2019/20
Ridge House Stables I £3,732.31
Mobile Home 1 A £1,066.37
Mobile Home 2 A £1,066.37
The rateable value is £48,500, The rates payable for 2019/20 are £23,813.50, The current multiplier being 49.1p in the £.
Rights of Way:
The property is subject to various footpaths which are the subject of a request for a diversion order to rationalise them. Details from the agent.
Copies of the planning consents are available from the agent.
Energy Performance Certificates:
Ridge House Stables has an Energy Efficiency Rating of D. Energy Performance Certificates are available from the agent upon request.
Health and Safety:
When viewing please be aware that Ridge House Stables is a working property with horses and prospective purchasers should not enter boxes unless accompanied by a member of staff or the agent.
In the event that Value Added Tax is or becomes payable in respect of the property or assets sold the Purchaser(s) in addition to the consideration will pay to the Vendor the full amount of such Value Added Tax.
Mains electricity, Private drainage with a septic tank and a soakaway, The water is drawn from a borehole, with a 2,000 gallon tank, the property also has a mains water connection, The house has oil fired, under floor central heating.
Basic Payment Scheme:
The entitlements are not included in the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Fixtures and Fittings:
The fixtures, fittings and equipment may be available to purchase at a reasonable valuation; however, they are not necessarily included in a sale of the property.
Viewing: Strictly by appointment with the agent:
Windsor Clive International: [use Contact Agent Button]5
Directions: (NP16 6AN)
From the Severn Bridge (M48 junction 2) take the A466 to Chepstow; turn left at the first roundabout onto the A48 towards Caerwent.. After 2 miles, go straight on at the roundabout, go under the motorway, and turn right signed to Shirenewton. Continue through Shirenewton and the entrance to Ridge House Stables is on the right after a mile and a half.
Windsor Clive International give notice to anyone who may read these Particulars as follows:
1. These particulars are for guidance only. They are prepared and issued in good faith and are intended to give a fair description of the property but do not constitute part of an offer or contract.
2. Any description or information given should not be relied on as a statement or representation of fact or that the property or its services are in good condition. Neither Windsor Clive International nor any of its employees have any authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to the property.
3. Any reference to alteration to, or use of, any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These matters must be verified by any intending purchaser.
4. The plan included with these particulars is for identification purposes only and is based on the Ordnance Survey. Where revisions have been made by the Agents a full land survey has not been carried out, consequently where enclosures have been divided or altered, the position of the new boundaries together with the plotting of any new or altered building and any other information, whilst believed to be basically correct, are indicative only.