This property is no longer on the market
2 bedroom terraced house
- Mid Terrace Property
- Two Bedrooms
- Lounge With Multi Fuel Stove
- Modern Kitchen With Some Appliances
- Main Bedroom With Storage
- Modern Bathroom Suite
- Off Street Parking/Outside Space
- Edge Of Ulverston Town Centre
- Ready To Move Into
- Raised Porch To Rear
Accessed from the rear, through a wooden gate and up some stairs through a PVC door with double glazed inserts into:
LOUNGE 11' 2" x 10' 11" (3.42m x 3.33m) Cosy room with small alcove offering space for a single chair or at this time of year Christmas Tree, uPVC double glazed windows to three sides allowing natural light, wood burning stove set to recess with wooden mantel over and slate style flooring, radiator and ceiling light. Door into:
KITCHEN 10' 7" x 11' 0" (3.23m x 3.37m) Fitted with a range of base, wall and drawer units with worktop over incorporating stainless steel sink and drainer with swan necked mixer tap, four ring gas hob with oven under and cooker hood over. Integrated dishwasher, upright fridge freezer and small, folding dining table. Wall mounted boiler, tiled splashbacks and moveable spot lights to ceiling. UPVC double glazed window to front and PVC door with opaque glazed inserts. Stairs to first floor with storage under.
FIRST FLOOR LANDING Access to all rooms, ceiling light and part boarded loft space.
BEDROOM 11' 0" x 11' 1" (3.37m x 3.40m) Double room with storage offering hanging space, ceiling light and radiator. UPVC double glazed window to the front.
BEDROOM 8' 0" x 6' 9" (2.46m x 2.08m) Single room with ceiling light and radiator. UPVC double glazed window to the rear.
BATHROOM Fitted with a modern white three piece suite comprising of panelled bath with shower over, pedestal wash hand basin with mixer tap and dual flush, low level WC. Partly tiled, wall mounted, mirrored cupboard, ceiling light, chrome, ladder style radiator and ceiling light. Opaque, uPVC double glazed window to the rear.
EXTERIOR The rear porch has space for pots with a wooden gate making it secure. To the side of this is space for bins and across the access lane is parking for one vehicle or a small open space.
GENERAL INFORMATION Mains Services: Gas, Water, Electric and Drainage
Council Tax Band: A
EPC Grading: D
APPLYING FOR A TENANCY
Should you wish to apply for a tenancy, you should contact our Lettings Team for an application pack. We recommend that all applicants read the Government's 'How to Rent' Guide – available at
In order to secure a property whilst the application procedure is completed, a Holding Deposit equal to 1 week's rent may be payable. This is calculated by monthly rent x 12 ÷ 52 and is payable to JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited. Once the Holding Deposit is paid, the landlord and the tenant are expected to enter into the tenancy agreement within 15 calendar days. This date is called the Deadline for Agreement. The landlord and the tenant can agree to extend this date. If an applicant fails referencing, the Holding Deposit will be paid to the applicant within 7 calendar days, save where:
1. If the applicant fails a Right to Rent check regardless of when the Holding Deposit was accepted;
2. If the applicant provides false or misleading information to JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited, or the landlord, which the landlord is reasonably entitled to consider in deciding whether to grant the tenancy because this materially affects their suitability to rent the property;
3. If the applicant notifies JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited or the landlord before the Deadline for Agreement that they have decided not to enter into the tenancy agreement;
4. If the tenant fails to take all reasonable steps to enter into a tenancy agreement;
5. If the tenant seeks to change the tenancy agreement after it has been signed, and the landlord refuses to make that change. In which case, the Holding Deposit will be forfeit, and retained by JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited, on behalf of the landlord. A written explanation of why the Holding Deposit has been retained will be provided to the applicant within 7 calendar days of the decision being made.
A Security Deposit equal to 5 weeks' rent will be payable to JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited, if the applicant successfully completes the referencing process. Any money held by JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited as a Holding Deposit will be used towards payment of the Security Deposit. The Security Deposit will be registered with the Deposit Protection Scheme within 30 days of the tenancy being signed and will be repaid to the Tenant at the end of the tenancy, subject to the property being left in a satisfactory condition/deduction of any contractual expenses.
Rent will be payable on the first day of the tenancy agreement and will be payable monthly, thereafter. Properties are let on a fixed term Assured Shortly Tenancy, for a minimum term of 6 months. It is not possible to terminate the tenancy within this period and the tenant will be responsible for payment of the rent for the whole of the fixed term. The tenant will also be responsible for all utility charges during the full term of the tenancy, including gas, electricity, oil, water and drainage, telephone and Council Tax. Charges for any other services connected to the property will also be payable by the tenant.
The landlord will be responsible for insuring the building. The tenant will be responsible for insuring their own possessions for the full term of the tenancy.
In some circumstances, a Permitted Payment may be payable to JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited. These include:
• If the tenant requests a change to the tenancy agreement and the landlord agrees e.g. the keeping of a pet mid-tenancy/change of sharer -£50 (inc. VAT);
• If rent is more than 14 days late, interest will be charged at 3% over the base rate of the Bank of England;
• Default fees for lost keys or other security devices (including locks). Where locks need to be replaced and locksmiths need to be called, tenants will be charged for replacement locks, locksmiths' fees and keys where necessary.
• In exceptional circumstances (such as an emergency) JH Homes (Cumbria) Limited may charge £15 per hour for time in dealing with the problem.
• Surrender of the tenancy mid-term – payment will cover the landlord's expenses in reletting the property, all rent outstanding until a new tenant is found (up to the maximum payable under the tenancy agreement)
HOW IS INTEREST CALCULATED ON RENT ARREARS
Interest will be charged on the total amount outstanding, on a daily basis.
£500 in arrears are outstanding for 30 days.
The current Bank of England base rate is 0.75%
Interest rate applied: 3% + 0.755% = 3.75%
£500 x 0.0375 = £18.75
£18.75 ÷ 365 = £0.051
5.1p x 30 days outstanding = £1.54
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this:
Property reference 101553003624. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by J H Homes - Ulverston. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.