- Highly Desirable Location
- Two Double Bedrooms
- Spacious Sitting/Dining Room with Original Wood Flooring
- Recently Installed Contemporary Kitchen
- Entrance Porch and Hallway
- Spacious Family Bathroom
- Private Garden with Patio Areas
- Fantastic Access to RD&E and Exeter City Centre
- Brand New Boiler
St Michael's Church of England Primary Academy (0.1mi.)
Bramdean School (0.2mi.)
Ladysmith Infant & Nursery School (0.4mi.)
38 Newcombe Street is a spacious two double bedroom Victorian end terrace house located in the highly desirable area of Heavitree with a larger than average private garden. Perfectly located for Exeter City Centre as well as the RD&E hospital whilst only being a stones throw away from Heavitree Park.
The property is located at the bottom end of this charming street which has a real community feel to it. Opening the front door you enter a porch area with space for hanging coats with a further door providing access to the entrance hall. Off to the left is a door providing access to the sitting/dining room and the stairs to the first floor are straight ahead of you.
Entering the sitting/dining room you are immediately impressed by the amount of space and light on offer and one can imagine it being an excellent entertaining area. Although one room it definitely has the size and feel of two separate spaces with the open arch helping to both connect and separate the areas. The original wood flooring is a real feature as are the two fireplaces with the potential to install a wood burner in the sitting room. The sitting room area easily accommodates a corner sofa with space for a spacious fitted cupboard and bespoke fitted shelving. The dining area is slightly larger and easily has capacity for a large dining table as well as two large alcoves providing space for a large bookcase and a French dresser.
Leading out of the dining room is a door to a sizeable under stairs cupboard as well as stepping down into the recently fitted contemporary kitchen with handleless doors. There is plenty of both base and eye level units including an integrated Fridge Freezer and dishwasher. A generous amount of worktop space is ideal for both cooking and baking with a four hob gas burner and oven beneath to bring your creations to life! A one and a half bowl stainless steel sink is located under a large window overlooking the side patio area. The floor is finished in stylish large tiles whilst the walls have white tile splashbacks with contemporary grey grouting.
Heading outside through the newly fitted glazed back door you are greeted by a lovely private garden with two patio areas and a nice lawned area. The raised patio area at the bottom of the garden is perfect for relaxing and enjoying an afternoon glass of wine in the summer sun. The second patio area is a real bonus catering for the storage of outdoor equipment as well providing an area to enjoy your breakfast in the morning sun.
Returning inside and going upstairs to the first floor there is a split-level landing with the family bathroom being on the lower level and the two bedrooms on the upper. The family bathroom is a generous size benefitting from large frosted window providing lots of light and good ventilation when enjoying a relaxing hot shower. There is a matching white suite with contemporary taps, radiator and space for a corner unit as well as another free standing cabinet.
Bedroom two is the first room you reach, and this is a nice size double room enjoying the original wooden flooring and providing a view over the rear garden. The room also benefits from a built in wardrobe and alcove space for a dresser or similar. The master bedroom is a very generous space and has the advantage of two built in wardrobes whilst still easily accommodating a double bed, free standing wardrobe and chest of drawers.
The location of the property is superb as it is within a twenty minute walk of both Exeter city centre and the RD&E hospital and furthermore regular bus services operate. There are also two excellent primary schools and St Peters Secondary school, again all within walking distance as is South Lawn doctors surgery. The street itself has a real community feel to it and the impressive Heavitree Park is only a two minute walk away offering a large amount of activites for both young and old alike including large open green spaces, walking, tennis courts, play park, skateboard park and lawn bowls.
VIEWING By prior appointment with Redferns
SERVICES All mains services are connected
OUTGOINGS Council Tax Band B
Data protection act of 2017. We are now required to obtain proof of ID and proof of residence for any prospective purchaser before formally agreeing a sale. Photographic identification such as passport or driving licence, proof of residence, utility bill, council tax or official Inland Revenue correspondence.
1. Every care is taken in preparing these particulars but they do not constitute nor constitute any part of an offer or a contract. They are prepared in good faith but they are for guidance only and intended to give a fair description of the property.
2. Statements contained in these particulars are not to be relied on as statements or representations of fact and are made without responsibility on the part of the agents or vendor. An intending purchaser must satisfy himself by inspection or otherwise as to the correctness of each statement. The vendor does not make or give and neither the agents or their employees have authority to make or give any representation or warranty in relation to the property or its use.
3. Any reference to alterations to, or use of any part of the property is not a statement that any necessary planning, building regulations or other consent has been obtained. These must be verified by any intending purchaser.
4. All properties are offered subject to contract and being unsold. No responsibility can be accepted for any expenses incurred by any intending purchaser in inspecting any property which has been sold, let or withdrawn.
5. The photographs show only certain parts and aspects of the property at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances given are approximate only. 6. Descriptions of a property are inevitably subjective but we endeavour to make our particulars accurate. If there are any points of particular importance please contact us before viewing and we will be pleased to check or clarify information.
See more properties like this: