- Three Double Bedrooms
- Modern Fitted Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Convenient Town Centre Location
- Two Parking Spaces
- Double Glazed Windows
- Chain Free Sale
- Catchment For Trafford's Oustanding Schools
- Five Minutes Walk to Altrincham Interchange
- Long Lease
- Open Plan Lounge-Diner
SUMMARY DESCRIPTION This three bedroom triplex apartment is located in the heart of Altrincham on a sought after road leading from the town center towards the leafy streets of Bowdon. The property offers spacious rooms and lofty high ceilings throughout, with beautiful period sash windows, which have been double glazed. The property has been tastefully modernised to combine modern functionality with period aesthetics.
The property offers two off-road parking spaces; a huge open-plan lounge-diner; modern kitchen and bathrooms and three large double bedrooms. Ideal for a professional couple, small family or those retiring to the area.
ENTRANCE HALL 14' 2" x 14' 5" (4.33m x 4.41m) The entrance is on the ground floor, accessed via a hard wood door with glazed panels. The entrance hall is spacious and flooded with natural light via two double glazed sash windows to the rear aspect. This room could be used as a home office or could be modified to include a shower room or utility room. The room currently comprises carpeted flooring; neutral décor; a central light pendant; a cast iron period style double radiator; wooden balustrade staircase leading to first floor accommodation and doors leading to under stairs storage cupboard and also rear porch/ storage, which is partly occupied by washer and dryer.
LOUNGE/DINER 13' 9" x 20' 2" (4.20m x 6.17m) The lounge-diner is an impressive open-plan space, ideal for entertaining guests or enjoying relaxed family evenings. This room features stunning sash windows to the front aspect, these are double glazed and include a bay window and two additional side windows, all with fitted blinds. This room also offers carpeted flooring; neutral décor; two pendant light fittings; cast iron radiators; TV and telephone points; a large log burner within feature fire surround; ample space for six seater dining table and soft furniture.
KICTHEN 11' 10" x 8' 9" (3.62m x 2.68m) The kitchen area offers a clever combination of maximum worktop space, while also benefitting from the light and openness offered by the large opening overlooking the lounge-diner. The kitchen is fitted with an array of matching base and eye level high gloss storage units with granite worktops over; a six rings gas hob; double oven; a stainless steel recessed sink unit with drainer; integrated dishwasher; and integrated fridge-freezer in the adjoining storage area. This room also benefits from tiled flooring; central light pendant; a small low-level cast iron radiator and a double-glazed sash window to the side aspect.
BATHROOM 12' 0" x 12' 2" (3.66m x 3.71m) A chic modern bathroom within a beautiful period space. The bathroom offers a large sash window to the side aspect with fitted blinds; tiled flooring; a pendant light fitting; wall mounted vertical radiator; extractor fan; shaving socket and wall mounted mirror. In addition the matching white suite comprises of a pedestal hand wash basin; low-level WC; bidet; full size freestanding bathtub and large walk in shower with glazed sliding door and chrome thermostatic shower system including a rainwater shower head.
BEDROOM THREE 10' 9" x 12' 10" (3.30m x 3.93m) A large double bedroom with high pitched ceiling and Velux skylight, plus a frosted glass double glazed sash window to the side aspect. This room is fitted with carpeted flooring; a pendant light fitting; a double panel radiator; a solid wood door to the first floor landing and ample space for a king-size bed or two single beds and additional furniture.
MASTER BEDROOM 14' 0" x 19' 7" (4.27m x 5.99m) The master bedroom is located on the second floor. This room offers a sash window to the front aspect with fitted blind; carpeted flooring; wall to wall fitted wardrobes; multi-directional spots and recessed spot lighting; neutral décor; two double panel radiators and ample space for king size bed and dressing table.
BEDROOM TWO 11' 0" x 11' 7" (3.37m x 3.55m) The second double bedroom is also located off the second floor landing and comprises of carpeted flooring; a central light pendant; two Velux skylight double glazed windows with fitted blinds; wall to wall sliding doors to wardrobe and eave storage space. This room allows ample space for double bed, bed-side tables and dressing table/chest of draws. From this one one can also access the an en suite shower room.
EN SUITE Off bedroom two is an en suite shower room, accessed via a bi-folding door with frosted glass panels. The shower room comprises of tiled flooring; recessed spotlighting; hand wash basin with storage under; shower cubicle with bi-folding glazed door and chrome thermostatic shower system, including rainwater shower head; there is also a low-level WC.
EXTERIOR To the rear of the property is allocated parking for two vehicles. The property is accessed from The Downs via a cobbled driveway and the main entrance is located on the side of the property.
COMMON QUESTIONS 1. When was the property built? This property was built in circa 1890's.
2. Have there been any structural alterations; additions or extensions to the property? No structural alterations have been made to the building. However, the vendors have removed false ceilings and partition walls and have obtained building regulations approval for these alterations.
3. Is the property leasehold or freehold? This property is leasehold, but there is no service charge and just a peppercorn ground rent. There are 994 years left on the lease.
4. Does the property have a Sky dish? Yes, the property has a Sky dish which was installed in 2016.
5. What is the broadband speed like in this area? The vendor has advised us that the broadband speed is excellent in the area. Fiber optic connection is available here.
6. Has the property had any replacement windows, doors, patio doors or double glazing installed in the last 10 years? Double glazing has been added within all the original sash windows of the property in 2014. The vendors have also added 3 new windows to the rear of the ground floor.
7. Has there been any major repair or replacement of any part of the roof since you purchased the property? A comprehensive check of the roof was conducted in 2013 and any necessary repairs have been dealt with.
8. Are the vendors willing to sell any items of furniture or white goods? Once a sale is agreed, the vendors are willing to negotiate on any of the furniture and white goods at the property.
9. Roughly how much are the utility bills? The vendors have advised us that they are currently paying £60 per month for gas and £45 per month for electricity. The council tax for the property is band C, in Trafford this is currently £1393.30 pa.
10. What are the vendors' three favourite aspects of the property? The vendors have advised us that they enjoyed the location of the property, offering easy access to all the local amenities. They also love the proportions of the apartment, with the high ceilings and spacious rooms. Finally, the convenience of parking right outside their front door has been a blessing with parking in the area being very scarce.
11. When were the electrics and boiler last inspected? The electrics were newly installed in 2015 and the whole central heating system including the boiler was replaced in summer 2015.
12. Is the property listed in conservation area? Yes, this property is listed in a conservation area, therefore rules and restrictions may apply. However, it is not a listed building.
13. Is there access to the loft space for storage, has it been boarded? Yes, the loft space is accessible for storage and has been fully insulated.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: