Detached house for sale
Redmiles Lane, Ketton>
- Located in the highly desirable Rutland village of Ketton
- A deceptively large stone built cottage with views of the Church spire
- Gated gravel driveway with room for multiple cars
- Private partially walled gardens with large dining terrace
- Entrance hall with cloakroom and study
- Two reception rooms and a large conservatory
- Kitchen with utility and boot room
- Two ground floor double bedrooms both with en-suites
- Principal bedroom suite with dressing room and en-suite
- Additional double bedroom and large family bathroom
Home Cottage is situated in the picturesque conservation village of Ketton. The village has its own post office, primary school and local shop. There are also two public houses. Ketton lies within three miles of the A1, giving convenient access to the wider road network north and south. More extensive facilities are available in the historic market town of Stamford which also offers a train service to Peterborough, Oakham, Melton Mowbray, Leicester, Birmingham and Norwich. The Cathedral City of Peterborough offers a main line rail service to London Kings Cross from around 50 minutes.
Recreational facilities in the area are many and varied with Rutland Water set to the north between Uppingham and Oakham, providing sailing, windsurfing, fishing, scenic walks and cycle rides. Golf is available at Luffenham Heath and Greetham Valley golf clubs. There is a wide range of schooling within easy reach of the village including independent schools in Uppingham, Oakham, Stamford and Oundle.
Home Cottage is set back from the main village High Street, down the quiet Remiles Lane. Approached via a pedestrian gate leading to the front door or by car into the gated gravel parking area.
The property is an attractive 18th Century Grade II listed stone cottage, including extensions into existing outbuildings, under a Collyweston Slate roof. The current owners have maintained the cottage for over 30 years and have done much to improve the property during their time there.
The front door leads into the entrance hall giving access to the cloakroom, both reception rooms, the study and the conservatory. The kitchen leads on from the dining room and has been recently modernised, with granite worktops, built-in appliances and views across the garden and dining terrace. The kitchen also has a utility area and boot room with door to the rear garden and a door to one of the ground floor bedrooms, a double with en-suite bathroom and views across the rear garden.
The dining room and sitting room are both of good proportions and both have fitted gas fires set within the stone fireplaces. The study is fitted out well with a long wooden desk and storage cupboards, the window looks over into the conservatory. The conservatory is spacious and enjoys views across the dining terrace and garden beyond. The conservatory also leads to the second ground floor bedrooms with en-suite shower room and again has views over the rear garden.
FIRST AND SECOND FLOORS
To the first floor the partially vaulted principal bedroom suite has copious amounts of storage with a dedicated dressing room and further fitted wardrobes and fitted chests of drawers. There is also a newly refitted shower room. Also to the first floor is another very spacious double bedroom with fitted wardrobes and a recently modernised family bathroom.
The rear garden which is a very good size with large paved dining terrace leading onto the lawns with well stocked beds and borders, maturing trees and shrubs, useful concealed shed with covered area to the side and further sheltered seated area. The whole garden is enclosed with walling and hedging and has a south westerly aspect with a high degree of privacy.
Mains water, electricity, gas and drainage are connected. Gas central heating. None of the services have been tested by the agents.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fitting and garden ornaments are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
Rutland County Council:[use Contact Agent Button]
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through King West, [use Contact Agent Button]
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. All dimensions, descriptions, areas, reference to condition and permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers should not rely upon them as statements of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of each item.
5. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
6. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. July 2019
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this:
Property reference STA190032. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West - Stamford. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.
*UKCreditRatings offer a 14-day trial to their credit report service. If you choose not to cancel within the trial period, you will incur the monthly subscription of £19.95 until you cancel the account.