Radnor House Sevenoaks School (0.6mi.)
Sundridge and Brasted Church of England Voluntary Controlled Primary School (0.6mi.)
Valence School (1.1mi.)
A pretty, Grade II listed character cottage in the centre of this vibrant village
Open plan Kitchen/Dining/Living Room, Bathroom, 3 Bedrooms, Garden, Parking
1 Old White Hart Cottages is an end of terrace Grade II listed character cottage, believed to have origins in the 16th century but with later 19th century frontage.
The cottage has been updated by the current owner, who has opened up the ground floor accommodation to create a wonderful open plan kitchen/dining/living space. They have also created parking to the rear of the property.
- Brick inglenook fireplace in the sitting room with bressumer beam, iron grate, andirons, fireback plate and canopy.
- Wood block parquet wood flooring in the sitting room.
- Casement windows, several secondary glazed for sound insulation.
- Wood panel drop latch internal doors.
- Black gloss kitchen units with granite effect worktops and painted brick slip splashbacks. Integrated appliances include a stainless steel double oven, electric 4 ring hob with extractor hood over, slimline dishwasher, washing machine, undermount fridge and freezer.
- Wooden floorboards throughout the first floor.
- Vaulted ceiling in the master bedroom.
- Fireplace in the second bedroom.
- Loft bedroom with skylight.
- Ground floor bathroom having a panelled bath with shower attachment over, WC and washbasin.
- The rear garden is part-walled and well screened with paving and inset pebbles. It is a great area for summer dining/entertaining.
- There is a five bar gate to the rear of the plot allowing access for parking at least one car.
The property is located on the High Street of Brasted, which is a thriving village still having several amenities and a real community spirit.
There is a village store just a few doors up from the house and a well regarded gastro-pub across the road. There are also several antique shops, a tea room, beauty salon and medical practice in the village.
Sundridge & Brasted Primary (Ofsted Inspection rated Outstanding in 2015) and Radnor House independent school for girls and boys are both only about a mile away. There are several alternative schooling options in nearby Sevenoaks, Westerham, Otford and Oxted, plus grammar schools in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells. Sevenoaks now also has a grammar annexe to the Weald of Kent.
Bus services from the High Street serve Westerham and Oxted to the west, Sevenoaks to the east and Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells to the south. The nearest rail station is at Sevenoaks (3.5 miles) with services to Charing Cross and London Victoria (London Bridge from about 25 mins). The M25 is easily accessible with junction 5 being within 2.5 miles of Brasted.
- Services: Mains gas fired central heating. Mains water, electricity and drainage.
- Local Authority: Sevenoaks District Council,[use Contact Agent Button]
- Council Tax band (2018/19): E
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Heading west from the A21 on the A25, proceed through Sundridge and into Brasted. The property is located on the right-hand side, opposite The White Hart pub.
end of terrace period cottage
within a short walk of the shops
bus route to Sevenoaks & Westerham
schools within 1 mile
garden and parking
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: