Application Information for Prospective Tenants
• All applicants must be over 18 years of age and in full time employment.
• If you wish to apply for a property, you will be required to pay a holding fee
of no more than one week’s rent for the property at the time of application.
This may be used towards payment of your first rent payment.
• It is important to ensure you fit the criteria below BEFORE applying for a property
as should your application fail to be accepted because of this, you may be charged up to £50 plus VAT for a failed application which would be deducted from the holding fee before it is returned to you. However, if the landlord withdraws the property from the market you would not be charged.
• You may fail your application if:
- You have any adverse credit such as County Court Judgements, IVAs or defaults etc
- You are not in full-time employment or are self-employed with less than 3 years’ accounts, or are on a temporary contract of less than 12 months.
- Your earnings per month are less than 2 ½ times the monthly rent- for example if the rent on a property is £600pcm, your income MUST be MORE than £1500pcm
- You do not have a valid "Right to Rent" or cannot produce these documents for verification.
• If you have no credit issues but have limited income, we can sometimes proceed with your application supported by a guarantor. A suitable guarantor must have a clean credit history, preferably be a homeowner, and be in full-time employment with gross monthly earnings of at least 3 times the rent.
• References may be requested by Jigsaw Property Solutions or any referencing agency that they wish to contract to carry out the necessary checks. Your information will be used to verify information given by you on your application and will comply with GDPR regulations.
• A response is usually made within 5-7 working days.
• Before you submit this application, be sure you are in a position to afford the rent and to pay the deposit and first month’s rent upon moving in either in cash, bank transfer or debit card. We reserve the right to decline an application once references are accepted if you cannot pay the deposit and first month’s rent.
• You will need to prove your “right to rent” by showing us your passport or ID card to confirm you are a British Citizen or a national of the European Economic Area. If you do not have a passport or ID card we can accept a photocard driving licence AND your birth certificate. Other forms of ID are acceptable so please ask us for details. Without this information we cannot proceed with renting the property to you.
• The tenancy you are offered will normally be for an initial six month period.
If your application is successful we may pass your details to a partner agency in order to notify the local council, water supplier(s) and energy provider(s) of your home move in line with your tenancy start date and also to notify to the local council, water supplier(s) and energy providers(s) from the date that you vacate the property.
They will only use your information for the purpose of council and utility registration, closing of council and utility accounts and Energy, Media and Contents & Gadget Insurance comparisons upon your arrival. Call Centre comparisons are completely optional for you (the tenant) and you can opt out at any time. They are fully compliant with the Data Protection Act 1998 and are registered members of the Information Commissioners Office.