- A private and attractive amenity woodland property with a comfortable cottage.
- About 4.04 hectares (10.23 acres) in all.
- 2 Reception rooms & 2/3 Bedrooms.
- Of traditional design and with a recently upgraded interior.
- Substantial garage/workshop.
- Beautiful views next to a National Nature Reserve and with an abundance of wildlife.
- Walking and cycle routes accessible from the property.
- Situated on the NC500 with tourism business potential.
- Full sporting rights.
North Hill Forest Cottage lies on the lower slopes of Ben Wyvis and just to the north of the Highland village of Garve in Ross-shire. Set against a spectacular backdrop of mature woodland, the cottage has stunning elevated views over the surrounding countryside across the Black Water River, while from the rear of the property there are tracks leading directly onto Ben Wyvis, the magnificent munro which dominates the skyline in Easter Ross.
The surrounding countryside is renowned for its striking scenery ranging from the dramatic mountains of the Highlands to the ancient native woodlands, stunning scenery and wildlife; red squirrels, pine martens, woodpeckers, buzzards, owls, red kites and fieldfares can be seen almost on a daily basis together with regular sightings of golden eagles.
Nearby Garve and Strathpeffer have primary schools, while the market town of Dingwall, about a 25 minute drive away, has a good range of shops and amenities including an excellent secondary school, library and leisure centre. Inverness, about 28 miles away, has all the facilities of a modern city including its airport with regular flights to the south and Europe.
North Hill Forest Cottage is a modern property designed in the style of a traditional keeper's cottage. The interior has been recently redecorated and re-carpeted and offers beautifully presented and well-appointed family accommodation. On the ground floor there is a welcoming sitting room with wood burning stove, a dining kitchen with range cooker, a utility room, shower room and a bedroom/ study, while on the first floor there are two further bedrooms and a family bathroom.
EPC Rating = D
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: