A range of barns with planning permission for conversion to two residential units.
The property is accessed directly from the highway over a shared drive into a courtyard that will provide parking and circulation. To the rear of the main barn, views will be enjoyed over open farmland, with garden accommodation for each unit. The property extends in total to approximately 0.19 Ha (0.49 acres) with shared access directly to Stock Road.
Stock is a sought after village with shops, including Budgens and 4 pubs as well as Crondon Park Golf Course and the popular Greenwoods Hotel and Spa. The properties lie approximately 7km from the centre of Chelmsford, 5km from the centre of Brentwood, as the crow flies. Google indicates Billericay and Ingatestone Railway stations are approximately 11 minutes and Sandon Park and Ride Car Park 8 minutes by car. Junction 16 of the B1007/A12 is approximately 1 mile by road.
The buildings consist as follows:
Traditional Essex Barn & Single Storey Stable Block - Approx 326 sq m (3,514 sq ft)
Planning permission to convert to a 5 bedroom residential unit with an adjoining ground floor annex providing:
- Entrance via main full height midstray
- Open plan Kitchen/Dining Room
- Dining Room
- 3 Bedrooms with one en-suite
- Family Bathroom
- Two Bedrooms with separate en-suites and dressing rooms.
- Open plan Kitchen and Living Space.
- Master Bedroom
- Outside store room
Proposed Cart Lodge
The planning permission includes permission to erect an open fronted cart lodge to provide covered storage and parking for 3 vehicles for the residents of the Main Dwelling and Annex.
Brick built Workshop & Stables - Approx 161 sq m (1,735 sq ft)
Planning permission to convert to a 3 bedroom residential unit providing:
- Full height mid-stray with open plan Kitchen and Living Space
- 2 Bedrooms
- Family Bathroom
- Master Bedroom with En-suite
Atcost Cattle Yard (Behind Essex Barn) - Approx 351 sq m (3,788 sq ft)
Located behind the Essex Barn, this building is currently used as a covered cattle yard and would be required to be removed as a condition of the current planning permission.
Timber Framed Cart Lodge - Approx 63 sq m (685 sq ft)
To provide parking and storage for up to 3 vehicles.
The local planning authority is Chelmsford City Council. Planning permission was granted for the conversion of the buildings under the application reference 19/00867/FUL.
A pack of planning documents is available from the selling agent, however, prospective purchasers must make themselves aware of the planning conditions and opportunities.
Prospective purchasers must make their own enquiries in regard the availability and suitability of services. The Purchaser will be responsible for any works that are required to separate the existing services from the adjoining farmhouse and their maintenance as a condition of the sale.
Wayleaves, Easements and Rights of Way
The property is sold subject to any easements, quasi-easements, wayleaves or rights of way whether mentioned in these particulars or not. Please see 'Conditions of Sale' below for further details of reservations and requirements.
Method of Sale
The property is being offered for sale by private treaty.
The property is being offered for sale Freehold.
Fixtures and Fittings
Unless otherwise described all fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale.
Conditions of Sale
- The Purchaser shall have a right of access for all purposes at all times over the entrance way (hatched on the Sale Plan) subject to making reasonable contribution towards upkeep and maintenance costs.
- The Vendor will erect at their own cost and thereafter maintain a 1.8 m boundary wall along the boundary marked A-B-C on the Sale Plan.
- The Purchaser will erect and thereafter maintain a post and three rail fence with rabbit proof netting between the points marked C-D-E on the Sale Plan.
- The Purchaser will erect and thereafter maintain a 1.8m high close boarded fence between the point marked F-G on the sale plan.
- The Purchaser will not erect any garden structures, new buildings or extend the existing buildings on the land hatched blue on the Sale Plan without the express prior consent of the Vendor.
- The Vendor will grant the Purchaser the right to install (and thereafter maintain at their own expense) a Septic Tank with associated services on the land hatched yellow on the Sale Plan.
- To satisfy the Planning Permission the Purchaser will be obliged to remove the Atcost Barn, Leanto and Stable (that remain within the Vendors retained land) within three months of completion (making good the ground to the reasonable satisfaction of the Vendor). In the event that this work is not completed the Vendor retains the right to remove the buildings at the Purchaser's cost.
Whirledge & Nott does not have any authority to give representations or warranties in relation to the property. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract. All descriptions, photographs and plans are for guidance only and should not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. All measurements are approximate. No assumption should be made that the property has the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents. Whirledge & Nott has not carried out a survey nor tested any appliances, services or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
Health and Safety and Viewing
Given the potential hazards of these buildings all viewings must be accompanied. Viewings strictly by appointment with Whirledge & Nott. Viewing of the property is entirely at the risk of the enquirer. Neither Whirledge & Nott nor the vendor accept any responsibility for any damage, injury or accident during viewing.