Marlborough House School (1.1mi.)
Hawkhurst Church of England Primary School (1.1mi.)
St Ronan's School (1.7mi.)
A beautifully presented Grade II listed first floor apartment with splendid views amid circa 28 acres of shared grounds * Cranbrook School catchment area *
Built in 1855 in the style of a French Gothic chateau by Edward Loyd, the British banker who co-founded Natwest Bank, Lillesden House has been superbly converted to provide high specification accommodation. A former girls' school, each of the apartments located in the property is named after the Head Girls who attended the school and whose names are located on the boards still on display in the communal entrance hall.
Accessed by a wide sweeping staircase rising from the ground floor, The Spence displays high ceilings and full height windows throughout allowing natural light to flood in, creating a light, bright and airy environment. The apartment is beautifully decorated to an extremely high standard with under floor heating throughout - you can literally move straight in.
- Electronic gates open onto the sweeping tree lined driveway
- Shared main entrance to this elegant country property
- Large chandeliers grace the ground floor hallway and the main staircase
- Open plan sitting/dining room with bay window overlooking the extensive grounds and Kent countryside
- Kitchen with bespoke handmade painted solid oak units under granite worktops with island unit and integrated appliances
- Utility room with ample storage and space for appliances
- Master bedroom with partitioned dressing area and contemporary en-suite shower room
- Second large double bedroom with a wall of fitted wardrobes
- Well-appointed family bathroom with walk in shower cubicle, tiled flooring and heated towel rail
- Allocated parking space and communal covered bike storage
- Communal gardens of circa 28 acres including an inviting terrace to the rear overlooking the grounds
Hawkhurst provides a good range of local independent shops, Waitrose and Tesco supermarkets, Kino cinema, various historic village inns and the highly regarded gastro-pub, The Great House. Nearby Cranbrook offers further shops and services and comprehensive facilities can be found at Tunbridge Wells.
A range of state and private schools in the area includes Hawkhurst CEP School, Saint Ronan's and Marlborough House at Hawkhurst, Dulwich Preparatory in Cranbrook and Claremont Senior School at Bodiam plus numerous secondary and grammar schools at Tunbridge Wells. The property also falls within the sought after Cranbrook School catchment area.
Staplehurst and Etchingham provide rail links to London main line stations with journey times just under the hour. The nearby A21 links to the M25 for national motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow airports, and to the M20 for Ashford International and the Channel Tunnel to the continent.
Cranbrook 5 miles
Etchingham MLS 4 miles
Staplehurst MLS 10 miles
A21 2 miles
London 59 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Tenure: 125 year lease from January 2016.
- Service Charges: Approximately £3,000 p.a. including ground rent, building insurance, maintenance to building exterior and communal areas, gardens and grounds.
- Services: Gas central heating. Mains electric, water and drainage. Under floor heating.
- Local Authority: Tunbridge Wells Borough Council
- Council Tax band (2019/20): F.
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- Viewings: Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. [use Contact Agent Button].
Country house apartment
Prestigious Grade II building
Good road links nearby
Open plan living space
22 acres of shared grounds
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: