Equivalent to (5) weeks rent, based on the calculation below:
One (1) mths rent x 12 (mths in a year) then divided by 52 (weeks in a year) x 5 weeks
Once you have viewed a property, if you wish to proceed, you would need to pay the equivalent of one (1) weeks rent as a "holding deposit" based on the calculation above in cash
This will take the property off the market for a maximum of 14 calendar days while paperwork is presented and the credit check to be processed.
If any relevant person provides false or misleading information on the credit check, fail the right to rent check, change their mind for any reason or fail to sign within 14 calendar days any monies paid would be lost
Where rent is unpaid 14 days after it is due, interest at Bank of England Base rate plus 3% will be charged. You can be charged the cost the landlord has to pay his lender if a mortgage payment is missed.
DAMAGES FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT
We may have to pay costs if you do not keep to the conditions of this contract. The law allows us to recover our reasonable costs from you. The costs you will have to pay are as follows.
1. If (other than by using a solicitor) we send you a Section 8 Housing Act 1988 notice because you have broken this agreement, you must pay our reasonable costs of £35, including VAT. We will not charge you for any covering letter.
2. If your Bank returns a cheque, standing order or direct debit unpaid, you must pay our costs of £35 inc vat. That is because, as a result of your breach, we have to amend our records,
3.If we have a genuine reason to believe that you have abandoned the property, we have to visit the property and speak to neighbours and authorities, you agree to pay our reasonable costs of £50 inc VAT.
4. Damage to the property caused by tenant neglect or neglect of persons invited to the property by the tenant you agree to pay the bill from the workman plus up to £50 admin costs for our time in arranging these matters.
5. Failure to keep appointments such as Gas Safety Inspections, periodic Inspections which had been agreed, unless cancelled no later than 12 hours beforehand you agree to pay an admin charge of £50 inc VAT
6. If you leave without giving notice you must pay rent for the period you should have given notice.
7. Early termination (tenant request). Should the tenant wish to terminate their contract early, they shall be liable for the landlords cost in re letting the property (One months rent Inc VAT) as well as all rent due on their existing tenancy until the start date of the replacement tenancy.
8. Where rent has been overpaid during the tenancy and we incur administration costs in dealing with its calculation a repayment fee of £25 Inc VAT will be charged.
9.If you lose your copy of the Tenancy Agreement we will provide a copy for £6 inc vat
10 You will be responsible for any reasonable call-out charges if you wrongfully ask for a workman to call to the property, if this is due to incorrect information or against our or our agent's advice. The most you will have to pay is the workman's invoice.
11. You will pay our reasonable legal costs as ordered by the court if we have to evict you for rent arrears.
12. We will provide future landlords or Letting Agents with a reference about how you conducted the tenancy, our charge to them will be £25 Inc VAT
13. Variation of Contract (Tenant Request) £50 Inc VAT
14. Change of sharer (Tenant Request) £50 Inc VAT per replacement tenant. This covers costs associated, new tenant referencing, Right to Rent checks, check out inventory for vacating sharer, as well as preparing new legal documents, execution of existing legal documents.
Redress Scheme - Property Redress Scheme