- 4 bedrooms, bathroom and en suite shower room
- Sitting room with bi-fold doors onto impressive decked rear terrace
- Kitchen/breakfast room, dining room and snug, utility area and cloakroom
- Wonderful mature terraced gardens to the rear enjoying stunning views
- Most attractive almost level lawned front garden (opposite side of the lane from the property) incorporating PRIVATE PARKING FOR 2 CARS
- Courtyard garden to front of house
- Enviable location just a few minutes’ walk from the wonderful village amenities in Freshford (including community store/shop/café, renowned pub, station and primary school)
- Internal area: 1759 sq ft/163 sq m
Freshford Church School (0.3mi.)
Freshford Church of England Primary School (0.3mi.)
Westwood-with-Iford Primary School (1.4mi.)
Offers Over: £915,000
A handsome double fronted period village house retaining a wealth of charm and character enjoying wonderful far reaching valley views over open countryside in a peaceful and particularly sought after village, south of Bath.
• 4 bedrooms, bathroom and en suite shower room
• Sitting room with bi-fold doors onto impressive decked rear terrace
• Kitchen/breakfast room, dining room and snug, utility area and cloakroom
• Wonderful mature terraced gardens to the rear enjoying stunning views
• Most attractive almost level lawned front garden (opposite side of the lane from the property) incorporating PRIVATE PARKING FOR 2 CARS
• Courtyard garden to front of house
• Enviable location just a few minutes’ walk from the wonderful village amenities in Freshford (including community store/shop/café, renowned pub, station and primary school)
• Internal area: 1759 sq ft/163 sq m
The property is situated in a Designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, in the historic village of Freshford. It lies within five miles of the World Heritage City of Bath, which has comprehensive shopping, cultural and recreational facilities and numerous notable buildings, including the Theatre Royal, the Pump Rooms, the Roman Baths, the Assembly Rooms and the Thermae Bath Spa. Amenities near to hand in Freshford and Limpley Stoke include a railway station, pubs and community shop and village hall. The immediate area is well served by several notable independent schools including King Edward’s, Kingswood, The Royal High, Prior Park College and Monkton Combe in Bath, with Wells Cathedral and Downside to the south. A well renowned Primary School is located in Freshford Village. Bath Race Course is on the North side of the city and the area has a number of Golf Clubs, Country Clubs and other sporting facilities. The University of Bath’s superb sport training village is available for public use and is just 3 miles away. Communications are excellent with Junctions 17 and 18 of the M4 being approximately 15 miles away. High speed trains to London Paddington are available from Chippenham (75mins approx.) and Bath Spa (90mins approx.), soon to be even quicker with the introduction of electrification to the Paddington Line due over the next couple of years. There is a local station nearby at Freshford which is within walking distance and easily reached by car (5 mins) with frequent links to Bath and Bradford-on-Avon.
We are advised that mains gas, electricity, water and drainage are supplied to the property.
Useful Local Information Website Bath & North East Somerset Council Website including schools, council tax
Energy Performance Certificate
Leave Bath on the A36 Warminster Road. Proceed over the Viaduct at the bottom of Brassknocker Hill and continue up the hill through the woods passing the Rose and Crown Public House (currently disused) on the left. At the top of the hill turn left into Church Lane. Proceed down the hill into Freshford Village passing the school on the right. Take the next turning after the school and continue along the lane into Sharpstone. Middle House will be found on the right hand side after approximately 100 yards as you head through the village.
Crown Copyright. All rights reserved. License number 100036608.
APPOINTMENTS TO VIEW AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS MUST BE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE AGENTS. These particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of, any offer or contract and all statements made herein are made without responsibility on the part of Pritchards or the Vendor. Any intending purchaser should satisfy themselves as to their correctness. The Vendor does not make nor give, and neither Pritchards nor any person on their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to this property. These particulars are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through the agents above. REF 11/jb
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: