- A modern, detached home within this much sought after village
- Accommodation must be viewed to be appreciated
- Lounge, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room
- Garden room with second sitting room beyond
- Extremely generous master bedroom with en suite
- Three further bedrooms and bathroom
- Driveway parking and large garage
- Gardens to three sides lawn, deck and seating areas
- EPC rating: D68
Llangan Primary School (0.5mi.)
Llansannor C/W Primary School (2.2mi.)
Y Bont Faen Primary School (2.2mi.)
SUMMARY A modern, detached home within this much sought after village close to Cowbridge. With accommodation that must be viewed to be appreciated, it includes: family lounge with multi fuel-stove and doors to the garden, dining room, kitchen-breakfast room opening to a wonderful, light garden room with second sitting room beyond. Extremely generous master bedroom with en suite bathroom, three further bedrooms and bathroom. Driveway parking and garage. Very useable level lawn and decked seating and, to the rear a thoughtfully planted garden from which there are views onto farmland.
SITUATION Graig Penllyn is an active, lively community of attractive old and new properties scattered either side of a wooded valley. Local facilities include picturesque playing fields a refrubished children's play park, tennis courts and a popular public house, The Barley Mow. In the neighbouring village of Penllyn there is a public house and village hall. A well regarded primary school is located in the nearby village of Llangan; it is a 'feeder' school for Cowbridge Comprehensive: a School bus takes the children to and form the 'Comp'.
No more than a few minutes drive away, the market town of Cowbridge provides excellent facilities including Waitrose and a wide variety of shops both national and local, library, health centre and a range of sport and recreation facilities including squash club, tennis club, cricket club, sports centre, etc. Graig Penllyn is surrounded by some delightful countryside with country pursuits such as golf, riding, etc., all within easy reach. The village is situated very much in the heart of the Vale of Glamorgan and is, therefore, well placed for commuting to all major centres including Cardiff, Bridgend, Llantrisant etc.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A modern, detached family home with four bedrooms and located in this ever so popular village close to Cowbridge
* Light, central hallway with wooden flooring from which doors lead to all the principle ground floor rooms
* Very large family lounge with multi-fuel stove recess within a chimney breast and resting on a slate hearth; double doors open to a good sized level lawn to one side of the property
* Dining room looking to the rear
* Contemporary kitchen-breakfast room with a good range of storage units; a matching central island / breakfast bar has matching wooden surfaces
* Range cooker, dishwasher and fridge-freezer available by separate negotiation.
* Located directly off the kitchen is a great family living room with pitched, glazed roof and double doors opening directly onto a sheltered, private decked seating area
* This garden room also links into a multi-purpose sitting room, ideal for home study / playroom etc
* Utility room adjacent to the kitchen with additional storage and space / plumbing for washing machine
* Very large master bedroom with its own en suite including bath and separate shower
* Three further bedrooms, two of which are doubles and two of which have built-in wardrobes
* The two largest bedrooms look in a westerly direction towards farmland
* Family bathroom
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Parking area, fronting the garage, accessed from the lane through the village
* Access into garage (approx. max 5.7m x 4.9m) via a remote controlled sectional door
* Steps lead up from drive to front entrance door and from which a path leads to the lawned side garden
* This lawned side garden has been extended in recent years to create a much more useable, level space, overlooked by - and accessed from - the lounge
* Sheltered, decked sitting and dining area accessed from garden room, enjoying westerly views onto farmland
* To the rear of the property is a banked garden with paths meandering through low maintenance shrub beds to a wonderful seating area with a vine-covered pergola; beyond this is a timber Summer House. Both these enjoy raised, westerly views onto farmland
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and sewerage connect to the property. Oil-fired central heating. Solar panels provide supplementary electric and also a 'feed-in tariff'; further details available from the seller.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge Office, travel in a westerly direction, and exit the Town on the A48, following signs to Bridgend. After approximately one mile, situated in a dip in the road, take a right hand turn sign-posted for Penllyn. Continue on this road for approximately three miles, passing the Red Fox public house and continuing in to Graig Penllyn. West Highland will be fifth house to your right, about 150 yards before The Barley Mow public house.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: