- Superb Grade II listed country home
- Hildenborough station approx. 2.4 miles
- Edge of Leigh village
- Beautifully proportioned accommodation
- Character features
- Far reaching countryside views
- Wonderful landscaped gardens
- Swimming pool
- Outbuilding comprising two stables
- EPC Exempt
Bishop Chavasse School (0.9mi.)
Stocks Green Primary School (0.9mi.)
Leigh Primary School (0.9mi.)
An impressive and distinctive Grade II listed converted coach house of elegant proportions with superb landscaped gardens and farmland views.
• The Coach House is situated about a mile from the sought after village of Leigh, with its active village community, village green, primary school, excellent village store, public house, a hairdresser and railway station.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Tonbridge (3.4 miles), Sevenoaks (6.7 miles), Tunbridge Wells and Bluewater.
• Mainline rail: Hildenborough (2.4 miles) to Cannon Street/Charing Cross/London Bridge. In addition, Leigh village station (1.5 miles) Tonbridge/Redhill.
• Primary Schools: Leigh, Hildenborough C of E, Stocks Green, St Margaret Clitherow Catholic, Weald and Long Mead.
• Secondary Schools: Judd Boys Grammar in Tonbridge, Tonbridge Girls Grammar and Weald of Kent Girls Grammar. Hillview School for Girls, Bennet Memorial Diocesan School, St. Gregorys RC School, Hugh Christie Technology College and Hayesbrook School for Boys.
• Private Schools: Sackville School, Fosse Bank Independent Primary School in Hildenborough. The Preparatory Schools at Somerhill. Hilden Oaks and Hilden Grange in Tonbridge. Tonbridge School and Sevenoaks School.
• Sporting Facilities: Leigh village provides cricket and tennis clubs. Nizels Golf Club in Hildenborough also has a private health/fitness centre. Golf clubs in Sevenoaks include Wildernesse and Knole. Sevenoaks sports and leisure centre.
• Communications: The A21 is accessible within about 2 miles and links with the M25, other motorway networks and Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
The Coach House is an impressive Grade II listed converted coach house once serving the neighbouring Ramhurst Manor, and dates from around the 1700s. The building was believed to have been converted in the mid 1990s and has been extended twice by the present owners providing beautifully proportioned and elegant accommodation. Also of note are the superb landscaped gardens which, together with the farmland views, provide a wonderful backdrop to the house. Within the gardens is a heated swimming pool and a timber stable block. In total the area amounts to about 0.85 of an acre.
A front door opens to the generous reception hall which has stairs rising to the first floor, a cloakroom and coats cupboard.
The triple aspect drawing room is ideal for formal entertaining and has a wonderful outlook over the gardens and features a fireplace with wood burning stove and an attractive fitted dresser cupboard.
The sitting room has a vaulted ceiling and bi-folding doors to the rear terrace. There are a number of fitted storage cupboards and a study area.
The generously proportioned kitchen/dining room has an outlook to the front and views over the rear garden, together with a door to the rear terrace. There is a comprehensive range of wall and base cupboards with a matching island unit and granite work surfaces. There is a butler sink and 1½ bowl preparation sinks. Appliances include an oil fired Aga, AEG oven and hob, Finish dishwasher and space for a fridge freezer.
Completing the ground floor accommodation is a double aspect study with views over the gardens, a utility room with space for appliances and a boot room with doors to the front drive and side garden.
Stairs rise to the first floor landing with an attractive outlook to the front and an under stairs cupboard.
The generous master bedroom is double aspect with far reaching views over the countryside and a charming corner fireplace. The stylish en suite bathroom features a roll top bath and separate double shower cubicle.
The guest bedroom has views to the rear, a built-in wardrobe and an en suite bathroom with shower over.
There are two further bedrooms on this floor both with an attractive views, and one has a fitted wardrobe.
The well-appointed family bathroom features a multi-jet bath.
Arranged over the second floor are two vaulted bedrooms, one with a charming port hole window to the front, a window to the rear and access to the attic space. The second has an outlook to the side. Both rooms are served by a well-appointed shower room.
The house is set back from the road, down a long drive shared by Ramhurst Manor. The gated private gravel drive provides parking for a number of cars. There are a number of pollarded lime trees to the front and an old brick boundary wall. Adorning the elevations of the house are wisteria, roses and jasmine. The rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with shaped beds and borders, specimen trees and clipped hedging. There are paved terraces providing excellent area for al fresco entertaining, timber arbour with climbing roses and a formal lawn edged by box enclosed rose beds. The swimming pool area features decking around the pool and a further paved terrace ideal for entertaining. The swimming pool is fitted with a Swim-Jet. On from here is a level area of lawn, ideal for ball games, and another area has a hen run and compost bins. The timber stables provides excellent garden store.
Square Footage: 3505 sq ft
Acreage: 0.85 Acres
From the A21 take the Weald/Sevenoaks/Hildenborough roundabout onto the B245, proceed for approximately 1¾ miles and turn right onto the B2027 signposted Leigh and Penshurst. Continue past Hildenborough station and turn right at the T junction towards Leigh. Continue towards the village green and turn left onto Powder Mill Lane. Proceed along for about one mile where the drive for Ramhurst Manor will be found on the left. Turn down here and The Coach House will be found at the end of the drive on the right hand side.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: