Milstead and Frinsted Church of England Primary School (1.4mi.)
Rodmersham School (1.7mi.)
Lynsted and Norton Primary School (2.0mi.)
A substantial Grade II listed 4 bedroom detached oast house with 2 bedroom annexe and recording studio set in grounds of approximately one acre
Church Oast is an imaginatively converted oast house, originally dating from the mid 19th century. The original building comprises a central granary with square oasts either end and presents traditional red brick with blue headers under a pitched tiled roof with the traditional pyramidal oast roofs and cowls above.
The property is arranged to provide versatile accommodation including a two bedroom annexe which could be incorporated back into the main dwelling, and a first floor sitting room/library which also could be utilised in numerous ways to suit individual family requirements. In addition there is also a detached recording studio.
Internally a number of inherent architectural features are in situ including impressive beams and timbers, exposed brickwork and vaulted ceilings.
- Double height entrance hall with feature archway, flagstone flooring and stairs rising to galleried landing
- Open plan kitchen/breakfast room with a range of fitted cabinets, Aga set into fireplace recess, beams, larder and, slate tiled flooring - French doors to covered terrace
- Family reception room/ bedroom 4
- Utility room and separate WC
- Large store room/ former integral garage
- First floor sitting room/library with central double sided fireplace housing wood burning stove
- Three further bedrooms
- Vaulted family bathroom with white suite incorporating roll top bath - Separate shower room
- Self contained 2 bedroom annexe with family bathroom open plan sitting room and kitchenette.
- Detached fully sound proofed recording studio comprising of recording and sound room, store room and lobby area with shower room
- Gravel driveway providing ample parking
- Gardens and ground of about an acre
- Under covered flagstones terrace, perfect for alfresco dining
To the front of the property is a gravelled drive providing ample parking, lawns, shrubs double and single gates which give access to the rear garden.
The rear gardens and paddock are mainly laid to lawn with well stocked mature trees, and fruit trees, shrubs, flower borders, and garden pond, all of which enjoy views out over the adjoining farmland.
The property is situated in the hamlet of Kingsdown focused around the beautiful 19th Century St Catherine's English Heritage Grade II listed Church, the periphery of an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. The neighbouring villages of Doddington and Newnham, Lynstead and Teynham are easily accessible offering everyday amenities, public houses and restaurants.
The larger towns of Sittingbourne and Faversham offer a wider range of shopping, cafe bars and restaurants, and a regular market in Faversham.
The cathedral city of Canterbury has an excellent shopping centre many cultural interests and a good choice of schools in both the private and state sectors along with university and colleges. Grammar schools can be found in Sittingbourne Faversham, Canterbury.
Recreational facilities in and around the area include swimming pools, sports centres, good choice of golf courses. Fishing and water sports can be found along the coast.
Connections are also good with M20 and M2 linking into other motorway networks. The high speed service to London runs from Sittingbourne, Faversham, Ashford and Canterbury direct into London St Pancras.
At junction 7 of the M2 take the exit towards Faversham onto London Road. At the next roundabout take the first exit continuing on London Road. After approximately 0.4 miles turn left onto Faversham Road. Continue for 4.6 miles and turn right onto Chequers Hill. After a short distance turn left onto Down Court Road. Continue for approximately 1 mile and turn right. The entrance to the church will be on your left and Church Oast is just past the church on the right hand side.
- Services: Mains water and electricity. Private drainage.
- Oil central heating to main house and studio - Electric storage heating system in Annexe
- Local Authority: Swale Council.
- Council Tax band (2018/19): G
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
4 bed oast conversion
Plus 2 bedroom annexe
Amid circa one acre of grounds
In a quiet hamlet within AONB
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: