Sellindge Primary School (0.8mi.)
Lympne Church of England Primary School (1.9mi.)
Brockhill Park Performing Arts College (2.5mi.)
A SMALL FARMSTEAD, TO INCLUDE A GRADE II LISTED DETACHED HOUSE, CONVERTED BARN AND WAGON LODGE, SET IN GARDENS AND GROUNDS OF ABOUT 2.5 ACRES
Available as a whole at Guide Price £1,790,000 or in 2 Lots:
Shalom Guide Price £795,000
Barnhaven and Wagon Lodge Guide Price £995,000
A fabulous opportunity to own a small farmstead, Known as Gibbons Brook Farm, which has been in the same family for 46 years. The properties have the benefit of two separate titles, and sits in gardens and ground of about 2.5 acres.
Grade II listed former farmhouse with a listing dating early to mid 17th century, with later additions. However, historic evidence suggests the original building dates from circa 1460. The property presents delightful individual elevations, a mix of Flemish bond brickwork and exposed framing, all under a Kent peg tiled roof. The rear and side elevations are adorned with beautiful Wisteria.
Internally, the property displays an eclectic mix of original features including arches, coved ceilings, exposed brickwork, period fireplaces, beams and timbers including impressive dragon beams and crown post.
- Hallway with ceramic tiled flooring and access to WC
- Family room with feature fireplace and door to garden and summer room
- Sitting room enhanced by inglenook fireplace housing wood burning stove, beamed ceilings.
- Dining room with panelled windows, beams and storage cupboard
- Kitchen incorporating a range of fitted cabinets with ceramic hob and complementary wall and floor tiles
- Summer room with central double doors, slab tiled flooring and doors either side to the garden
- Secondary staircase leads to Master suite with en suite shower room and bedroom 2 also with en suite shower
-Three further bedrooms, one with fitted wardrobes
- Potential bedroom 6 with striking vaulted ceiling
- Family bathroom with traditional white suite
- Landscaped gardens and grounds of about 1.5 acres
- Ample parking, garage, workshop
BARNHAVEN & WAGON LODGE
Barnhaven has been created from a period Kentish barn displaying exposed ragstone with brick quoining under a slate tiled roof. There is an oak framed porch with a verandah under a pitched tiled roof at the front. Barnhaven is a dwelling converted from a period outbuilding, comprising two independent self contained units.
Internally, Barnheaven retains a number of character features including exposed ragstone and brickwork, beams and timbers. The first floor rooms afford lovely pastoral views over the adjoining countryside. Wagon Lodge also benefits from character features with beams and timbers
The properties are approached via a private driveway leading to the property via sweeping lawns, with a wealth of planting and beautiful surrounding views.
Wagon lodge Features
- Sitting room with fireplace housing boiler and bay
- Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of base cabinets and
space for cooker and fridge/freezer
- Separate utility room
- Double aspect bedroom with leaded light doors to:
- Timber framed conservatory
- Two bedrooms – one with fitted wardrobes
- Family bathroom
- Private garden
The property is set amid stunning landscaped gardens and grounds incorporating sweeping lawns and the formal gardens have exceptionally well stocked herbaceous borders plus numerous established shrubs and trees along with various outbuildings, outside lighting, private water well and fenced paddocks.
- Striking double height entrance hall
- Sitting / dining room with inglenook style fireplace
- Kitchen/breakfast room with a range of cabinets, ceramic
hob, Rayburn range cooker and tiled flooring
- Separate utility room
- Shower room
- Landing with full height windows
- Master bedroom with door to verandah and dressing
area with built in wardrobes
- Four further bedrooms – two are doubles
- Adaptable nursery/study
- Family bathroom.
- Large gravel drive providing parking for numerous
- Gardens and grounds of circa 1 acre including pond
- Various useful outbuildings
Barnhaven Annexe Features
- Open plan kitchen/dining/sitting areas as follows
- Kitchen with fitted units, space for oven, ceramic hob
- Sitting area with feature fireplace and wood-burner
- Dining room, fitted cupboards
- Shower room
- Double aspect master bedroom enhanced by feature fireplace with wood burner
- Bedroom with fitted wardrobes and store cupboards
- Study area and feature fireplace
- Further bedroom which is a single sized room
- Family bathroom
- Utility room incorporating kitchen area and WC
Gibbons Brook Farm is situated on the eastern edge of the village of Sellindge, which lies between Ashford and Hythe and is close to the unspoilt countryside of the North Downs, an Area of Outstanding Natural beauty. The village itself
offers good amenities, including primary school, convenience store, village hall; farm Shop, public house/restaurant and period church, with further facilities can be found in the larger towns of Ashford and Folkestone, along with the Cinque Port town of Hythe with its quaint high street and Waitrose supermarket. The Cathedral City of Canterbury offer and excellent shopping centre, much culture interest, a good range of educational establishments including state and private sectors, university and colleges Grammar schools can
be found in Ashford, Folkestone and Canterbury
Recreation facilities in and around the area include, sports centers, swimming pools a wide selections of golf courses cricket at Canterbury. Fishing and water sports can be found along the coast.
Connections are also good with M20 giving access to the Port of Dover, Channel tunnel terminal at Folkestone, which both operate services to the continent Ashford Maidstone and London.
The High speed train operated from Ashford, Folkestone Central and Folkestone West.
From the M20 at Ashford, travelling south continue for 8.5 miles. At junction 11 leave the motorway and take the B267 north (Stone Street). Proceed for 1.5 miles, then turn left into Blindhouse Lane, continue straight for about 1.3 miles then turn left, just before the telephone box into Brook Lane. Continue down a country lane for 200 yards, then turn right, continue straight for about 300 yards. Then you will see a sign to the right Gibbons Brook Farm where you continue down the private lane.
Cross over the cattle grid and Gibbons Brook Farm will be found directly ahead.
- Services: Oil fired central heating. Private water and drainage. Mains Electricity.
- Local Authority: Folkestone and Hythe
- Council Tax band (2018/19): G
- Wagon Lodge: C
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
- Viewings: Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. [use Contact Agent Button]
The property is available as a whole at Guide Price
£1,790,000 or in two lots as follows:
- Lot 1. Shalom amid 1.5 acres of grounds
Guide Price £795,000
- Lot 2. Barnhaven and Wagon lodge 1.0 acre
Guide Price 995,000
The private driveway is owned jointly by Shalom and Barnheaven
Available separate or as a whole
Land circa 2.5 acres
14 bedrooms in total
8 bathrooms in total
Garaging & Workshop
Ample off road parking
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: