Slade Primary School and Attached Unit for Children with Hearing Impairment (0.2mi.)
Tonbridge School (0.3mi.)
Hilden Oaks School (0.5mi.)
A charming Grade II listed semi-detached barn conversion, tucked away right in the heart of the town with easy access to all of its amenities
Sitting/Dining Room, Kitchen, 2 Bedrooms, Bathroom, Allocated Parking Space, Walled Garden Area with Shed
Fire Cart Barn is a most attractive, semi-detached character property, forming one portion of a charming Grade II listed brick and weather-boarded barn, believed to date from 1814. The barn would have housed the local fire cart for the fire department in the Georgian/Victorian era. It was converted into two dwellings in 2004 and provides open plan living accommodation and two bedrooms, with good ceiling heights and an abundance of beams.
The property is tucked-away in a secure setting behind the Rose & Crown Hotel and represents a rare opportunity to purchase a property of character in the heart of the town, within a short walk of the High Street.
Outside the property benefits from its own dedicated parking space and a private courtyard garden with shed.
- A wrought iron gate opens to a vaulted Entrance Vestibule with glazed door opening to:
- double aspect "L" shaped Sitting/Dining Room with “minstrel’s gallery” overlooking part of the dining area from the vaulted first floor. Laminate Oak floor.
- The Kitchen is located to one corner of the ground floor, in part screened between timber support posts with fretwork paneling. The kitchen offers a range of wall and base units, fridge/freezer, oven, 4 ring gas hob, dishwasher and space/plumbing for a washing machine.
- The first floor is approached by an open tread wooden staircase that splits to the first floor accommodation. A gallery overlooks the dining area and the stairwell is vaulted with exposed timbers.
- Double Bedroom 1 features the high vaulted ceiling with beautiful exposed beams and high level window partition allowing natural light from the entrance vestibule. Shower to one corner of the room.
- Bedroom 2 with vaulted beamed ceiling and windows allowing light from the entrance vestibule.
A stable-style door leads out from the dining area to an alley way that leads to the courtyard garden area. This area has fallen into disrepair and requires some attention but offers a useful outdoor space including a workshop/shed.
Within the gated car park of the Rose & Crown is a dedicated parking space for this property.
Fire Cart Barn is set in a very convenient and tucked away position, in the shadow of the Parish Church, within just a short walk to the High Street.
Tonbridge Town Centre offers a good range of shopping and leisure facilities as well as Main Line Station serving London Charing Cross/Cannon Street.
There are a good number of well regarded schools in the local area including a Primary School in The Slade, Grammar Schools for both Boys and Girls in the town. Various Preparatory Schools including Hilden Oaks & Hilden Grange as well as the Schools at Somerhill. Tonbridge and Sevenoaks Public Schools.
The A21 at Quarry Hill gives access to the south coast, M25 and thence motorway network, Channel Tunnel Terminus and Ports. Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted Airports as well as Bluewater and Ebbsfleet International Terminal.
Leisure Facilities include Golf at Poult Wood and Nizels Golf and Fitness Centre (Hildenborough). Tonbridge School Sports Centre.
From Sevenoaks direction proceed south through Hildenborough on the B245. On reaching Tonbridge proceed through the first set of traffic lights. At the second set turn left into The Bordyke. Immediately after the left hand corner turn right at the junction into East Street. Where the road becomes one way turn right into Church Street and Fire Cart Barn will be found on the left hand side immediately before the terrace of cottages.
Services: All Mains Services. Gas fired Central Heating.
Local Authority: Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, [use Contact Agent Button]
Council Tax band (2018/19): C
Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Semi-detached character barn conversion
Central town position yet tucked-away
Allocated parking space in gated car park
Walled garden area with shed/workshop
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: