- Deceptively spacious property forming part of a magnificent house standing in beautiful communal gardens of approximately 7 acres
- Peaceful elevated position approached via an impressive sweeping driveway through impressive mature communal ground
- 2 bedrooms, en suite bathroom and guest shower room
- Private entrance with reception hall and spacious first floor landing area
- Large dual aspect sitting room leading to private terrace, kitchen/dining room, study/occasional bedroom 3
- 2 delightful private courtyards and a further attractive lawned garden
- 2 private allocated parking spaces and additional visitors’ spaces
- Internal area: 1409 sq ft/130.9 sq m
King Edward's School (0.4mi.)
Bathwick St Mary Church of England Primary School (0.5mi.)
Bathwick St Mary Church School (0.5mi.)
A charming attached property set in a wonderful almost ‘parkland setting’ enjoying a great deal of privacy and standing in fabulous communal grounds of approximately 7 acres. Attached to the rear of Columbus House, Yew Tree Cottage enjoys an incredibly peaceful tucked away location, yet is so conveniently placed for the City of Bath, just a 20 minute walk away from Pulteney Bridge.
• Deceptively spacious property forming part of a magnificent house standing in beautiful communal gardens of approximately 7 acres
• Peaceful elevated position approached via an impressive sweeping driveway through impressive mature communal grounds
• 2 bedrooms, en suite bathroom and guest shower room
• Private entrance with reception hall and spacious first floor landing area
• Large dual aspect sitting room leading to private terrace, kitchen/dining room, study/occasional bedroom 3
• 2 delightful private courtyards and a further attractive lawned garden
• 2 private allocated parking spaces and additional visitors’ spaces
• Internal area: 1409 sq ft/130.9 sq m
Forming part of the prestigious Columbus House, the property is approached via a long sweeping driveway taking you up through beautiful mature gardens and tree lined grounds before arriving at a large gravelled parking area with 2 allocated private parking spaces and a number of visitor spaces. Enjoying its own private entrance the property enjoys light and airy accommodation with high ceilings and a great deal of versatility over 2 floors.
It is located between Bathwick and Bathampton and is just a mile or so from the city centre. Local amenities include the Holburne Museum and Sydney Gardens along with the picturesque George Inn on the Kennet and Avon towpath. The area is surrounded by some of the most attractive countryside around Bath including the Bathampton Meadows and nearby Limpley Stoke valley. The City Centre of Bath offers a much wider range of amenities including extensive shopping, restaurants, theatre and art galleries. The commuter will be pleased also to note rail services are available from Bath Spa Station with high speed links to London Paddington taking approximately 90 minutes. Junction 18 of the M4 giving access to London, Bristol and the M5 serving the Midlands and South West is located at Tormarton approximately 10 miles north of Bath. Bathampton village enjoys one of the best reputed primary schools in the area & Bathwick St Mary’s primary is equally sought after and is extremely close by. A choice of nearby private education is also available and includes King Edwards (within easy walking distance), Prior Park College and Monkton Combe senior Prep and Pre-Prep Schools.
Tenure – Leasehold 999 years from 2000. Maintenance charges are approximately £4000 per annum. There is an internal management company made up of 8 owners. Share of freehold.
We are advised that mains gas, electricity, water and drainage are supplied to the property.
Useful Local Information Website Bath & North East Somerset Council Website including schools, council tax etc.
Energy Performance Certificate
From Laura Place proceed down Great Pulteney Street and turn right into Edward Street. Follow the road round to the left into Vane Street. Turn left at the roundabout into Darlington Street. Take the right hand lane turning into Sydney Road and continue to the top of Sydney Road and at the junction straight across onto the A36 Warminster Road. Proceed for approximately ½ mile and turn right into Trossachs Drive. Proceed up the road and the turning for Columbus House will be found on the right. Continue up the driveway to a large graveled parking area.
Crown Copyright. All rights reserved. License number 100036608.
APPOINTMENTS TO VIEW AND ALL NEGOTIATIONS MUST BE CONDUCTED THROUGH THE AGENTS. These particulars do not constitute, nor constitute any part of, any offer or contract and all statements made herein are made without responsibility on the part of Pritchards or the Vendor. Any intending purchaser should satisfy themselves as to their correctness. The Vendor does not make nor give, and neither Pritchards nor any person on their employment has any authority to make or give, any representation or warranty in relation to this property. These particulars are supplied on the understanding that all negotiations are conducted through the agents above. REF 8/JB/ draft
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: