- Elegant family home
- Well proportioned accommodation
- Popular rural hamlet
- Sevenoaks town - 11 miles
- Ebbsfleet International - 11 miles
- Secluded grounds
- Walled swimming pool area
- Established park-like gardens
- EPC Rating = G
Culverstone Green Primary School (1.1mi.)
Vigo Village School (1.3mi.)
Trottiscliffe Church of England Primary School (1.4mi.)
A substantial and elegant period family house occupying a peaceful setting amidst park-like gardens
Amenities: Borough Green (2.9 miles) , Wrotham (2.4 miles), Canary Wharf (26 miles).
• Comprehensive Shopping: Sevenoaks Town Centre (11 miles), Tunbridge Wells and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
• Mainline Rail Services: Ebbsfleet International (11 miles) to St Pancras, Paris and Brussels. Sevenoaks (10.2 miles) to Cannon Street/Charing Cross/London Bridge. Borough Green to Victoria/Ashford International.
• Primary Schools: Stansted, Trottiscliffe, Culverstone, Wrotham, Borough Green.
• State Schools: Wrotham, Meopham, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Tunbridge Wells & Maidstone.
• Private Schools: Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Sackville and Walthamstow Hall Secondary Schools. Various including Sevenoaks, Solefields and New Beacon Preparatory Schools in Sevenoaks. St Michaels & Russell House Preparatory Schools in Otford. Radnor House in Sundridge. Kings Canterbury, Cobham and Woldingham.
• Sporting Facilities: The London Golf Club, West Kingsdown. Shoreham and Wrotham Heath Golf Clubs. Brands Hatch Spa. Riding, cricket and rugby in the local vicinity.
• Communications: The M20/M26 can be accessed at the Wrotham interchange linking to other motorway networks, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus in Ashford. The M25 links to the A2 which provides access into central London and to the O2 arena in Greenwich, Canary Wharf, as well as Ebbsfleet International Station with its high speed rail links into Central London and Europe. All distances are approximate.
Soranks Manor is a substantial and elegant family home dating in part from the late 19th Century, occupying a peaceful setting amidst park-like grounds extending to over 3.5 acres. Internally, the well proportioned and versatile accommodation is arranged over three floors together with a cellar.
High ceilings with cornicing, exposed oak and pine wood flooring to the ground floor rooms, sash windows, deep skirting boards, painted wooden panelled doors with ceramic door fitments, wall light points and recessed down lighters.
Of further note are the superb fireplaces which feature prominently within the principle reception rooms.
Three elegant reception rooms provide ideal areas for entertaining and comprise a drawing room and dining room, both of which are well proportioned and feature French doors which lead to the southerly facing terrace. The generous study is fitted with an excellent range of bookshelves.
The kitchen/breakfast room is fitted with a range of storage cupboards with granite work surfaces over. Appliances comprise a Falcon range cooker with five ring induction hob and extractor fan over. There is space for a dishwasher. A walk-in pantry is equipped with ample shelving. The breakfast area features a part glazed ceiling and has direct access to outside. A trap door cleverly incorporated within the wooden flooring leads to a three room cellar.
The utility room offers a further range of storage cupboards and there is space for a washing machine and tumble dryer.
Situated over the remainder of the ground floor is a a playroom and a cloakroom.
An elegant staircase leads to the split-level first floor where the master and guest suites benefit from well appointed en suite bathrooms. The master bedroom also benefits from double doors opening to a balcony with views over the side garden.
Three further double bedrooms and an attractive family bathroom complete the first floor accommodation.
A secondary staircase also provides access to the first floor.
Situated over the second floor are two further bedrooms (one is currently used as a music room).
Soranks Manor is approached via double wrought iron gates. A gravel driveway leads to a generous parking area and the detached triple garage with log store to one side.
The extensive park-like gardens compliment the property and provide both privacy and seclusion. Wide sweeping lawns are interspersed by an abundance of mature specimen trees and shrubs with evergreen hedging to the boundaries. To the side is a part enclosed south facing garden with deep well stocked borders and has a generous paved terrace by the house providing an excellent area for al fresco entertaining.
The wall enclosed pool area comprises a roman-ended swimming pool with a decked area and plant room. There is a useful implement and log store in the gardens.
Square Footage: 4984 sq ft
Acreage: 3.5 Acres
From London take the A20 south bound joining the M20 at Swanley. Turn off at junction 2 onto the A20 to Gravesend. At the roundabout take the 3rd exit onto London Road (A20). At the next roundabout take the 1st exit onto Gravesend Road (A227). Bear left onto Fairseat Lane, continue onto Platt House Lane. Turn left onto Vigo Road where Soranks Manor will be found on the right hand side.
From Sevenoaks proceed east on the A25 and on reaching Borough Green take the left hand turning into Western Road, and the next left again towards Wrotham. At the Wrotham roundabout take the A227 signposted Gravesend and at the top of the hill turn left at the Vigo Pub and continue along this road for approx 0.5 of a mile where Soranks Manor will be found on the right hand side.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: