An exquisite period home restored to its former glory by its current occupier. The property boasts large rooms within its grand accommodation and many period features have been retained and improved. The home is located at the end of tree lined private driveway that secludes the property from its neighbours and the extensive grounds surround the impressive building. Elevated within the plot, the property boasts superb views across open countryside and many of the ground floor rooms have full height doors and picture windows to admire the outlook. At the rear of the property the driveway leads up to a vast parking area able to accommodate many vehicles with additional space within a large car port. The properties main entrance porch leads you into a substantial hallway which immediately showcases the period features and grandeur of the home with a beautiful tiled floor and an attractive staircase that leads up to the first floor. The main sitting room is an ideal room for entertaining, with an attractive feature fireplace and French style doors that lead out on to both the front and side gardens of this dual aspect room. The dining room which sits adjacent offers a wonderful ambiance with a large bay window flooding this room with light and also providing a door to access the grounds. The billiard room is a delightful room with ample light provided by the extensive sash windows and the glass atrium within the roof. The room features an attractive fireplace to offer additional warmth to this marvellous room. The kitchen includes space for a large range style oven with ample storage within the bespoke wooden units as well as offering a large pantry. The breakfast room sits adjacent and is a lovely area with ample space for a long family breakfast table and plenty of light provided from the array of windows. The main house ground floor is completed with a large study and separate cloakroom. An additional ground floor annex space offers one bedroom, a separate cloakroom and a large kitchen / diner and laundry room, and can be independently accessed from the main house if required. There is also a large store room located next to the annex and a matching storage cupboard replicated above on the first floor. The first floor is comprised of six of the eight bedrooms. Three large bathrooms with both showers cubicles and attractive freestanding baths serve these bedrooms and all rooms are large doubles.
What the Owner says:
This property has been at the heart of West Wight cultural and social events for over 150 years. Its elevated position provides open views along the spine of the Isle of Wight, whilst the surrounding mature trees enclose a private domain of tranquility.
This property has hosted tennis tournaments, local fetes, a home to the Tennyson Society meetings and provided a focal centre to Isle of Wight writers, artists, debating circles and learned groups.
A warm, friendly and distinctive home retaining many diverse architectural features and a rich history. A grand and imposing façade, spacious reception rooms, an attached independent annex, large picture windows and bays affording light and airy accommodation.
- Store Room 2: 16'10 x 9'11 (5.13m x 3.02m)
- Store Room 3: 11'2 x 6'7 (3.41m x 2.01m)
- Store Room 4: 11'2 x 7'7 (3.41m x 2.31m)
- Store Room 5: 16'5 x 11'2 (5.01m x 3.41m)
- Entrance Porch
- Entrance Hallway: 12'10 x 10'1 (3.91m x 3.08m)
- Kitchen: 12'10 x 11'9 (3.91m x 3.58m)
- Breakfast Room: (L-shaped) 14'2 x 7'8 (4.32m x 2.34m) plus 9'10 x 8'11 (3.00m x 2.72m)
- Utility Room
- Sitting Room: 29'3 up to bay x 17'0 up to bay (8.92m x 5.19m)
- Study: 12'0 x 10'11 (3.66m x 3.33m)
- Dining Room: 16'10 up to bay x 15'11 (5.13m x 4.85m)
- Billiard Room: 24'5 x 17'0 (7.45m x 5.19m)
- Snug (Annex): 19'5 x 12'11 (5.92m x 3.94m)
- Kitchen / Diner (Annex): 20'2 x 12'0 (6.15m x 3.66m)
- Master Bedroom: 20'10 up to bay x 17'1 up to bay (6.35m x 5.21m)
- En-Suite Bathroom: 12'11 x 7'7 (3.94m x 2.31m)
- Bedroom 2: 21'6 up to bay x 15'11 (6.56m x 4.85m)
- Dressing Room: 13'1 x 12'11 (3.99m x 3.94m)
- Family Bathroom: 6'0 x 5'2 (1.83m x 1.58m) plus 5'4 x 3'10 (1.63m x 1.17m)
- Bedroom 3: 10'10 x 10'1 (3.30m x 3.08m)
- Bedroom 4: 13'0 x 10'0 (3.97m x 3.05m)
- Bedroom 5: 14'7 x 8'1 (4.45m x 2.47m)
- Family Bathroom: 9'10 x 8'11 (3.00m x 2.72m)
- Store Cupboard: 4'6 x 4'0 (1.37m x 1.22m)
- Bedroom 6: 12'11 x 9'11 (3.94m x 3.02m)
- Bedroom 7: 9'11 x 8'11 (3.02m x 2.72m)
- 2 x Store Rooms
- Eaves Storage
- Tower Room: 8'6 x 8'6 (2.59m x 2.59m)
- Tower Room Top Floor: 8'6 x 8'6 (2.59m x 2.59m)
- 2.4 Acres
- Tennis Court
- Formal Gardens
- Private Driveway
- Extensive Parking
- Car Port
The information provided about this property does not constitute or form part of an offer or contract, nor may be it be regarded as representations. All interested parties must verify accuracy and your solicitor must verify tenure/lease information, fixtures & fittings and, where the property has been extended/converted, planning/building regulation consents. All dimensions are approximate and quoted for guidance only as are floor plans which are not to scale and their accuracy cannot be confirmed. Reference to appliances and/or services does not imply that they are necessarily in working order or fit for the purpose.
We are pleased to offer our customers a range of additional services to help them with moving home. None of these services are obligatory and you are free to use service providers of your choice. Current regulations require all estate agents to inform their customers of the fees they earn for recommending third party services. If you choose to use a service provider recommended by Fine & Country, details of all referral fees can be found at the link below. If you decide to use any of our services, please be assured that this will not increase the fees you pay to our service providers, which remain as quoted directly to you.