- Striking Grade II Listed Victorian Walled Nursery
- Bothy Cottage
- Range of Outbuildings & Stores
- 13 Victorian Glasshouses
- Popular Working Nursery, Café & Restaurant
The Walled Nursery comprises an extensive range of Victorian glasshouses, most of which have been subject to complete restoration.
• Local and comprehensive shopping in the village of Hawkhurst (1.5 miles). More extensive facilities can be found in Cranbrook, Tenterden, Rye and Tunbridge Wells.
• Excellent range of both primary and secondary educational opportunities in the area including: St Ronan's, Cranbrook, Benenden, Bethany, Dulwich Prep and Marlborough House.
• Situated between two of the UK's finest gardens, Great Dixter and Sissinghurst Castle
• Good variety of leisure facilities including golf clubs at Hawkhurst, Rye and Dale Hill. Risebridge Health Club at Goudhurst, sailing and fishing at Bewl Water and riding, walking, mountain bike trails in Bedgebury Pinetum.
• Rail links to London run from Etchingham and Staplehurst, connecting to London Bridge, Waterloo East, Cannon Street and Charing Cross.
• Links to the motorway from the A21 which provides links to the M25, the coast, Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and the Channel Tunnel Terminus.
Originally forming part of The Tongswood Estate, The Walled Nursery is an historical masterpiece in the gardening world, with 13 Victorian Glasshouses dating back to the 1800's; including a Melon House, Cucumber House, Peach Case, Fernery and a ¾ Span Vinery.
The majority of the Glasshouses have recently been restored, with part of the Vinery being transformed into a café in 2016 and the existing gift shop being extended, thus creating a successful horticultural outlet with a hearty income stream.
A delightful two bedroomed Bothy Cottage forms part of The Walled Nursery, comprising an open plan kitchen/dining room study with a charming bay window overlooking the glasshouses and lawns; a bathroom with WC, bath and integrated shower; two spacious double bedrooms; and a central living room with access to the rear which leads to a personal garden area with yard and outbuildings.
Acreage: 3.5 Acres
From Cranbrook take the A229 heading towards Hawkhurst. After approximately 0.5 miles turn left onto Water Lane. After approximately 2.3 miles turn left, signposted St Ronan's School & The Walled Nursery. The drive leading to The Walled Nursery curves around to the right and is signposted.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: