- Impressive family home
- Sought after location
- Sevenoaks station - 1.9 miles
- 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms
- Plot of approx 0.34 of an acre
- Established southerly rear gardens
- Double garage
- EPC Rating = D
An impressive, spacious family home, beautifully presented to a high specification throughout.
• Treetops, 71 The Rise is situated on the highly favoured south side of Sevenoaks and is approximately 1.2 miles from Sevenoaks town centre.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Sevenoaks (1.2 miles), Tunbridge Wells and Bluewater.
• Mainline rail services: Sevenoaks mainline station (1.9 miles) to Cannon Street/Charing Cross/London Bridge.
• Primary Schools: St John’s CEP, St Thomas’ RCP, Sevenoaks Primary and Lady Boswell’s CEP Schools.
• Grammar/State Schools: Various in Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
• Private Schools: Granville, Sevenoaks, Tonbridge, Walthamstow Hall and Sackville Secondary Schools. Sevenoaks, Solefields and New Beacon Preparatory Schools in Sevenoaks. St Michaels & Russell House Preparatory Schools in Otford. Radnor House in Sundridge. Somerhill, Hilden Grange and Hilden Oaks in Tonbridge.
• Sporting Facilities: Golf clubs in Sevenoaks include Wildernesse and Knole with Nizels in Hildenborough which also has a private health/fitness centre. Sevenoaks sports and leisure centre. Cricket and Rugby in The Vine area of Sevenoaks. Tennis at The Bailey’s Tennis Centre.
• The M25 can be accessed at the Chevening interchange linking to other motorway networks and Gatwick and Heathrow Airports.
Treetops is a beautiful family home dating from the mid 1940s which has been in the same ownership for over 20 years. The property has been extended, refurbished and updated throughout to a high specification. The excellently proportioned and well presented accommodation is ideal for both formal and informal entertaining. The delightful established landscaped gardens have a southerly aspect, provide an attractive backdrop and a high degree of privacy. Also of note is the sought-after location on the popular south side of town, well situated for schools, the town and Knole Park.
The covered porch has a front door leading to the impressive reception hall with stairs rising to a striking galleried landing, under stairs cupboards and a cloakroom.
The principal reception rooms are well proportioned and ideal for formal entertaining. The charming double aspect drawing room has double doors opening to the rear terrace, and an attractive Victorian Stone fireplace with flame effect gas fire. The dining room has a delightful outlook over and double doors to the rear garden and can be accessed from the hall or via double doors connecting to the drawing room.
The generously proportioned study has an outlook to the front and a range of fully fitted walnut Strachan office furniture providing ample storage and double desk space.
The impressive triple aspect kitchen/breakfast/family room with Karndean flooring has direct access to the rear garden through double doors. The kitchen is fitted with a comprehensive range of bespoke hand-painted wall and base cupboards with contrasting peninsular unit and a larder cupboard. Granite work surfaces incorporate a double sink with Insinkerator and boiling water tap, and extend over the peninsular unit to provide a breakfast bar. Appliances include a Rangemaster oven with Bosch extractor fan over, Bosch dishwasher, wine fridge, Harvey’s water softner and space for an American style fridge freezer. There is a generous area for a dining table and chairs and the family seating area has a bespoke fitted storage unit with bookshelves and storage under.
The adjoining utility room has further storage cupboards and space for appliances. There is direct access to both the rear garden and the attached garage.
Stairs rise to the impressive galleried landing which has an outlook to the front and a spacious airing cupboard.
The generously proportioned master bedroom has an outlook to the rear and is fitted with an excellent range of Christie’s bedroom furniture. The stylish en suite bathroom has a bath with an electronic Mira shower over and ‘his and hers’ vanity units.
The guest bedroom has an outlook to the front and a bank of fitted wardrobes together with a modern and well-appointed en suite shower room.
There are three further double bedrooms all of good proportions.
The modern and stylish family bathroom has a separate shower cubicle and a ‘his and hers’ vanity units.
To the front of the house is a tarmacadam drive providing ample parking for several cars and leading to the double garage which has an electrically operated up and over door. There is ample additional workshop and storage space in the garage and double doors lead to a further covered storage area. The front garden is enclosed by established hedging which provides a high degree of privacy, and there is an area of lawn and established shrub and flower beds.
The southerly facing landscaped gardens provide a wonderful backdrop to the house. There is a generous paved terrace stretching the width of the house which provides an ideal area for al fresco entertaining. Steps flanked by flower beds lead to the lawn which is surrounded by mature trees and shrubs. There are established banks of rhododendrons providing late spring colour together with laurel hedging providing privacy. There is a hidden vegetable garden with a number of raised beds, pergola and a base for a greenhouse.
Square Footage: 3005 sq ft
Acreage: 0.34 Acres
Proceed out of Sevenoaks in a southerly direction passing Sevenoaks School on the left. After a short distance turn right on to The Rise and continue to the end where Treetops, 71 The Rise will be found the second from the end on the left hand side.
See more properties like this: