A beautifully presented three bedroomed, semi-detached villa with a highly convenient location to the village centre. Our clients, who acquired the house in 2016, have significantly upgraded the property with great style and considerable investment, resulting in a home that would be a superb house for a family or couple.
• Total redecoration with Farrow & Ball paint.
• Quality floor coverings including solid oak, self-coloured carpets and ceramic tiles.
• Replacement white UPVC double glazed windows (2016).
• Renewed attic Velux (2017).
• The rear kitchen door also renewed with the front door featuring a very high-quality double-glazed composite security door.
• The gas central heating system was replaced with an efficient Ideal Logic Combination Boiler with new radiators.
• The bathroom features a modern white suite with powerful thermostatic shower and a chrome towel rail/radiator.
• Most significantly, is the wonderful custom-made kitchen by The Wee Kitchen Shop (Broomhill, Glasgow) with a bespoke design of Farrow & Ball dove grey painted classic Shaker units with beautiful white Corian worktops.
• Outside, both the front, and particularly rear gardens, have been professionally landscaped in fine fashion.
It is, in all, a highly impressive property.
In summary, the accommodation comprises the following:
Ground Floor: Entrance Vestibule with impressive front door, Reception Hall with under-stair store cupboard. Bay windowed Lounge with fireplace featuring a living flame coal effect gas fire, to the side of which is an alcove with storage cupboard and two glass display shelves. Dining Room, the superb Kitchen, which also boasts a Blanco integral stainless-steel sink and mixer tap, integrated cooker with Solarglo hob, cooker hood, dishwasher, fridge freezer and an eye level microwave. A 'Laundry' area has been included in the kitchen design with a tall unit to stack both a washing machine and a tumble dryer. Above the Corian worktops is a white 'brick' wall tile and there is a striking ceramic floor tile.
First Floor: Upstairs is access via a smart staircase with high quality stair runner carpet with brass stair rods. An Upper Hall has a side gable window and a hatch, with pull-down ladder, to a very useful floored and lined Attic (Velux window). There are two Double Bedrooms (including a large Master with broad bay window, matching the Lounge below) with a super view to the front overlooking central gardens and trees that sit between Craigton Road and Craigton Gardens opposite. Bedroom 3 is a child's Single Bedroom that would make a great Study if needed. Contemporary Bathroom with white suite including a 'shower bath' over which is the thermostatic shower with a large fixed Deluge shower head and an additional handheld shower head.
Exterior: The front garden has wide wrought iron driveway gates to a very smart and wide monoblock drive. The garden is screened by hedging on three sides and there is a small area of quality artificial grass. A high fence, with gate, protects the side and rear garden. At the side is a wide monoblock path (designed for storing the bins etc) and this leads to a fully, newly fenced, enclosed rear garden with a generous 'L' shaped patio/terrace in stone slab and where there is another area of artificial grass beyond (great for children). An under-house cellar provides generous storage facility and the plastic composite storage shed/box will be included in the sale.
The house is alarmed.
The house really could not be handier for the village centre and the excellent selection of shops and amenities to be found there. It is just around the corner from Allander Park and therefore Drumclog Moor, providing hectares of escape for walks and cycling. The school catchment is for Milngavie Primary and for the superb facilities and reputation of Douglas Academy. Milngavie has a Railway Station providing four trains per hour into Glasgow.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: