A three bedroom terraced cottage arranged over three floors. Found within the semi rural hamlet of Lenham Heath this cottage certainly warrants early consideration.
Downstairs there are two reception areas with the sitting room benefitting from a wood burning stove. There is also a fitted kitchen and cloakroom. On the first floor are two of the bedrooms plus a shower room with the main bedroom on the top floor.
There is also double glazing, oil central heating and an a courtyard garden to the rear. There are also views over open countryside from bedrooms one and two upstairs.
Entrance Door To:
Double glazed window to front. Wood effect flooring. Useful storage area for shoes. Door to:
12' x 12' (3.66m x 3.66m). Double glazed window to front. Brick fireplace with wood burning stove. Shelving. Wood effect flooring. Radiator. Opens through to:
12' x 9' 9" (3.66m x 2.97m). Stairs to first floor. Understairs space. Wood effect flooring. Radiator.
15' x 10' 2" max narrowing to 6' (4.57m x 3.10m). Double glazed window to rear. Range of base and wall units. Stainless steel sink unit. Electric oven and hob. Black double extractor hood. Plumbing for washing machine. Oil boiler. Skylight.
Low level WC. Hand basin. Extractor fan.
Access to second floor.
12' x 8' max (3.66m x 2.44m). Double glazed window to front. Radiator. Laminate floor.
9' 9" x 6' 9" (2.97m x 2.06m). Double glazed window to rear. Shelving. Radiator. Laminate floor.
Suite of low level WC, vanity hand basin and walk in fully tiled shower cubicle. Chrome towel rail. Local tiling. Recess lighting. Extractor.
17' 4" max x 10' 9" max reducing to 6' 10" (5.28m x 3.28m). Double glazed window to front and rear. Radiator. Double wardrobe cupboard. Laminate floor.
Small area to the front with path to front door. Slate flower bed and Yew tree.
Courtyard area to the rear.
What fees we can ask you to pay:
BEFORE YOU MOVE IN:
• Holding Deposit of £150.00 (which must not equate to more than one weeks’ rent) This is to reserve the property. Please note, this will be withheld if any relevant person (including any guarantors) withdraw from the Tenancy, fail a right to rent check, provide materially significant false or misleading information or fail to sign their tenancy agreement (and/or deed of guarantee) within fifteen calendar days (or other deadline for agreement as mutually agreed in writing).
• Security Deposit of five weeks’ rent. This covers damages or defaults on the part of the Tenant during the Tenancy.
DURING YOUR TENANCY:
• Unpaid rent: Interest at 3% above the Bank of England Base Rate from rent due date until paid in order to pursue non payment of rent. Please note: This will not be levied until the rent is more than fourteen days in arrears.
• Lost keys or other security devices: Tenants are liable to the actual cost of replacing any lost key(s) or other security device(s). If the loss results in locks needing to be changed, the actual costs of a locksmith, new lock and replacement keys for the tenant, landlord and any other persons requiring keys will be charged to the Tenant. If extra costs are incurred there will be a charge of £15.00 per hour (inc.VAT) for the time taken replacing lost key(s) or other security device(s).
• Variation of contract (Tenant’s request): £50.00 (inc.VAT) per agreed variation. To cover the costs associated with taking Landlord’s instructions as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
• Change of sharer (Tenant’s request): £50.00 (inc.VAT) per replacement Tenant or any reasonable costs incurred if higher. To cover the costs associated with taking Landlord’s instructions, new Tenant referencing and right to rent checks, deposit registration as well as the preparation and execution of new legal documents.
• Early termination (Tenant’s request): Should the Tenant wish to leave their contract early, they shall be liable to the Landlord’s costs in re-letting the Property as well as all rent due under the Tenancy until the start date of the replacement Tenancy. These costs will be no more than the maximum amount of rent outstanding on the Tenancy.
• Philip Jarvis Estate Agent Ltd is a member of The Property Ombudsman Redress Scheme. • Philip Jarvis Estate Agent Ltd is part of the PropertyMark Client Money Protection Scheme. Scheme reference: C0014138.