Charming, country cottage in peaceful, secluded valley
Beautifully presented period cottage (1,605 sq ft)
4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
Sitting room, kitchen & breakfast room, utility, boot-room
Attractive garden & pond, ample parking
Summary of Features * Beautifully presented period cottage (1,605 ft²)
* 4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
* Sitting room, kitchen & breakfast room, utility, boot-room
* Attractive garden & pond, ample parking
Location * Mileages: Cradley 1½, Malvern 5½ miles, Bromyard 6 miles, Ledbury 9 miles, , Worcester 11½ miles, Hereford 15½ miles, Cheltenham 30 miles & Birmingham 40 miles
* Road: M5 (Jct 7) 14 miles
* Railway: Malvern 5½, Colwall 7 miles, Ledbury 8 miles, Worcester 11½ miles
* Airport: Birmingham 49 miles
Situation The Yoke is situated in a peaceful, secluded valley with superb views over the nearby countryside. Located just north of Cradley village, this part of Herefordshire lies close to the Worcestershire border, characterised by traditional farms and orchards. Although tucked away, the property is only a mile from the main Hereford to Worcester road providing excellent communications links to the rest of the country.
The Yoke Dating back some 300 years, there is a wealth of attractive features, including exposed timbers, latch-key doors and bread oven. The owners of this delightful and well-presented property have lived here for over 30 years, testimony to the property's wonderful setting and appeal.
* The oldest part of the cottage provides a cosy sitting room and benefits from a period fireplace inset with wood burning stove and exposed timbers with access to the south-facing patio
* A spacious country-style kitchen and breakfast room, which is at the heart of the home, was designed to make the most of the superb views over the surrounding countryside and opens via glazed doors onto the large patio terrace
* Separate utility and boot-room, with access to the garden via a stable door, are found adjacent to the kitchen
* A useful downstairs shower room & W.C. is also found on the ground floor
* 4 double bedrooms and family bathroom to the first floor with views to the surrounding countryside from all rooms
* The property benefits from UPVC double glazing throughout
The Outside * The Yoke is situated in a truly peaceful location surrounded by rolling grazing land providing the feeling of space and tranquillity
* Access is via a track and two farm-gates leading to the property entrance with electric entrance gate and gravelled driveway with ample space for cars
* This pretty cottage is framed by lovely landscaped, established lawns and gardens with flower and shrub borders and an attractive ornamental fish pond
* The spacious patio and sun terrace benefits from the sun all day and is ideal for family dining and entertainment
Services Mains electricity & water, private drainage, oil fired central heating.
Broadband Available and connected.
Council Tax Band 'D' (£1,765.26 2018/2019).
Local Authority Herefordshire Council:[use Contact Agent Button].
Listing This property is not listed.
EPC Rated "F'.
Primary Cradley, Suckley and Bosbury. Bosbury also has an independent day nursery. Further information is available at:
Secondary Malvern, Bromyard and Worcester. For further information, please visit the above websites.
Independent Malvern, Colwall, Worcester, Hereford & Cheltenham all have some outstanding independent schools. Further information is available at:
Local Cradley is a popular country village and facilities include a primary school, butcher & village store, doctor's surgery (with pharmacy), pub and village hall with visiting post-office. Malvern and Ledbury both offer a broad range of services, independent shops and railway stations. The commercial centres of Hereford, Worcester and the M5/Midlands are very accessible. For more extensive retail and cultural therapy, Cheltenham and Birmingham are easily accessible.
Recreational The surrounding countryside offers a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities including extensive walks and riding on the Malvern Hills, Suckley Hills and the Bromyard Downs. The Three Counties Showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events; from national garden shows, concerts & antique fairs to agricultural & equestrian events. Malvern is also home to the renowned Malvern Threatre and cinema, whilst the market town of Ledbury hosts an International Poetry Festival annually.
Directions Postcode: WR13 5JL
From Ledbury Head north on the B4214 (Bromyard Road), and bear right onto the B4220 towards Bosbury and Cradley. Continue through Bosbury and Cradley for a further 4¼ miles. Upon reaching the T-junction with the A4103, turn left and soon afterwards take the right hand turning onto the B4220. Shortly after Wells Lane, The gate to The Yoke will be found on the right .
Agent's Notes Grant & Co and their clients give notice that:
1. They have no authority to make or give any representations or warranties in relation to the property. 2. These particulars have been prepared in good faith to give a fair overall view of the property, do not form any part of an offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact. 3. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate. The text, photographs and plans are for guidance only and are not necessarily comprehensive. It should not be assumed that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation or other consents. The Agents have not tested any services, equipment or facilities. Purchasers must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise. Fixtures & Fittings Unless mentioned specifically all fixtures & fittings are excluded from the sale.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: