The house is set in its own grounds of approximately five acres. Its stunning enviable location offers an uninterrupted panorama across the Alyn Valley and further to Three Counties.
This detached former farmhouse retains many of its period features. It has been extended sympathetically, now providing a spacious family home. Each of its well proportioned rooms offers an attractive view.
The ground floor comprises three reception rooms, kitchen breakfast room, large entrance porch and integrated garage.
The first floor has four double bedrooms, one ensuite and a family bathroom.
Externally there are three paddocks, landscaped walled gardens with greenhouse and orchard.
There is a generous area around the house facilitating easy vehicular access, plus a turning circle.
Viewing is highly recommended
The property is substantially built of stone, under a slate roof and is double glazed throughout. The spacious accommodation comprises:
Large Integral Garage
· Double fronted wood doors
· Electric light, power and water installed
· Plumbing for washing machine
· New Firebird combination boiler
· Entrance via hard wood door
· Double glazed window
· Exposed stone wall
· Red quarry tiled floor
This leads into:
· Bright kitchen space
· An array of white base units and worktop
· Integrated oven and ceramic hob
· Single ceramic sink and drainer: dual controlled mixer tap
· Plumbing for dishwasher
· Exposed beams
· Lined chimney with recessed log burner
· Italian tiled flooring which continues through breakfast area.
· Double radiator
· Double radiator
· Large window overlooking paddock to the South
Inner Small Hallway
· Red Quarry tiled flooring
· Original pine door with large understairs cupboard
· Accessed via original old pine door
· Bespoke original stone fireplace with slate hearth
· Villager woodburner stove
· Two double radiators
· Exposed beam ceiling
· CCTV control station monitoring the front, side, rear and all of drive area.
· Wooden door to front hall
· Window accessing views to front of property.
· Accessed via pine door
· Double Radiator
· Bespoke original stone fireplace with slate hearth, dog grate with open chimney
· Doors to front porch and sitting room
· Windows with views to the front of the property
Sitting Room – A special room with:
· Three double glazed windows to three aspects, providing streaming light and views across paddocks and beyond.
· Cottage effect plasterwork and coved ceiling
· Two double radiators
Small Front Hall
· Solid wooden front door with glazed pane
· Original glazed panel above
· Red quarry tiled flooring
· Stairs to the first floor
Bedroom with en-suite – comprising
· Double Radiator
· High coved original ceiling
· Old pine door
· Double glazed window with views to front
· Large walk in, over stairs storage space with original pine door
· Large ceiling high cupboard with louvred doors
· Champagne coloured suite bath/shower combination
· Hand wash basin, bidet, low level flush w.c.
· Full height linen cupboard with double doors
· Heated towel rail & radiator
· Fully tiled
· Handmade pine door
The property is approached via a gated driveway which sweeps past the paddocks to each side, both gated and securely enclosed, before entering, via wrought iron gates, the gravelled area and turning circle, plus double gated entrance to the drive. The gravelled area continues to the front of the house, to the greenhouse and third paddock.
Beyond is a large walled, tiered landscaped garden. The upper level is predominantly laid to lawn with wide borders featuring mature trees and shrubs.
The lower level orchard area has scattered trees including fruit trees.
The property is situated on a country road outside Gwernymynydd adjacent to the AONB and approximately one and half miles from Mold. It offers a rare opportunity to acquire a substantial detached home in a unique, glorious position, within its own land. It is but a short drive to the commuter links of A494, A55 & M56, M6.
It has undergone a sympathetic modernisation over the years and has been largely replastered in cottage style. It has a new Firebird combination boiler with new radiators to the ground floor. It benefits from a CCTV system. Internal doors are original or handmade in appropriate style.
There will be an overage on all the paddocks and further details are available from the agent.
Metered Mains Water supply
Oil Fired Central Heating
EPC Rating ‘E’
Council Tax Band ‘F’
Vacant Possession upon Completion.
Strictly by appointment only, please contact agent on[use Contact Agent Button] to arrange
Further details may be obtained from J Bradburne Price & Co, who are sole agents marketing this property.
Directions: Head out of Mold on the Ruthin Road taking the second exit at the roundabout into the village of Gwernymynydd. Proceed straight on and take the second turning right onto Hafod Road. Continue for approximately quarter of a mile and the driveway to ‘The Old Stables’ is situated on the right hand side.
For Sat Nav enter CH7 5JS and this will take you to the top of the driveway.
Plans, Area and Schedules:
These are based on the Ordnance Survey and are for reference only. They have been checked and computed by the agents and the purchaser shall be deemed to have satisfied themselves as to the description of the land and any error or mistake shall not annul the sale or entitle either party to compensation.
The plan is for identification only and is based on the Ordnance Survey Sheets.
Easements, Wayleaves, Public & Private Rights of Way
The property is sold subject to and with the benefit of all public and private rights of way, light, drainage, cable, pylons or other easements, restrictions or obligations, whether or not the same are described in these particulars or contract of sale.
Town & Country Planning Act
The property, notwithstanding any description contained within these particulars, is sold subject to any Development Plan, Tree Preservation Order, Town Planning Scheme or Agreement, Resolution or Notice, which may come to be in force and also subject to any statutory provisions or bylaw, without obligation on the part of the vendor to specify them.
Money Laundering Regulations
The purchaser will be required to provide verification documents for identity and address purposes and will be notified of acceptable documents at point of sale.
Disclaimer: Services: None of the services, fittings or appliances (if any), heating installations, plumbing or electrical systems have been tested and no warranty is given as to their working ability. The foregoing particulars are intended to give a fair description of the property only, their accuracy is not guaranteed and they do not form part of an offer or contract.