Slade Primary School and Attached Unit for Children with Hearing Impairment (0.2mi.)
Tonbridge School (0.3mi.)
Hilden Oaks School (0.5mi.)
A charming Grade II listed semi-detached barn conversion, tucked away right in the heart of the town with easy access to all of its amenities
Sitting/Dining Room, Kitchen/Breakfast Room, WC, 2 Double Bedrooms, 3rd Bedroom/ Dressing Room, Shower Room, Gated Courtyard Parking Space, Walled Garden
Fire Cart Barn is a most attractive, semi-detached character property, forming the larger portion of a charming Grade II listed brick and weather-boarded barn, believed to date from 1814. The barn would have housed the local fire cart for the fire department in the Georgian/Victorian era. It was converted into two dwellings in 2004 and provides surprisingly spacious and light accommodation over two floors, with good ceiling heights and an abundance of beams.
The property is tucked-away in a secure setting behind the Rose & Crown Hotel and represents a rare opportunity to purchase a property of character in the heart of the town, within a short walk of the High Street.
Outside, the property benefits from a gated parking space and a delightful, walled garden.
- A wrought-iron gate opens to a vaulted Entrance Vestibule with glazed door opening to:
- Kitchen/Breakfast Room with a good range of wall and base units and integrated Bosch appliances including fridge, freezer, dishwasher, 4 ring gas hob with stainless steel extractor over and oven beneath. Laminate oak flooring. Stairs to first floor. An opening through the timber support posts leads through to the:
- generous, double aspect Living Room with stable style door leading to the courtyard/garden. Laminate oak flooring.
- Ground floor Cloakroom.
- An open tread, wooden staircase leads up through a vaulted stairwell and splits to the first floor accommodation, with windows providing natural light from the entrance vestibule.
- Double Bedroom 1 with exposed timbers to part sloping ceiling. Vanity unit to one corner. Window overlooking garden.
- Bedroom 2/Dressing Room with fitted wardrobes/cupboards. Exposed timbers to sloped ceiling.
- Bath/Shower Room currently fitted with large walk in shower cubicle, but with space for a bath if desired.
- Double Bedroom 3 with beamed vaulted ceiling.
From the Rose & Crown car park double gates open to a brick paved Parking Space/Terrace.
Brick steps lead up to the delightful private walled garden with astro turf lawned area for ease of maintenance. Variety of flowering shrubs and plants to border. To the end of the garden is a rockery bed.
Fire Cart Barn is set in a very convenient and tucked away position, in the shadow of the Parish Church and just a short walk of the High Street, Warders Medical Centre and Stradbrook Dental Surgery.
Tonbridge Town Centre offers a good range of shopping and leisure facilities as well as Main Line Station serving London Charing Cross/Cannon Street.
There are a good number of well regarded schools in the local area including a Primary School in The Slade, Grammar Schools for both boys and girls in the town. There are various Preparatory Schools including Hilden Oaks & Hilden Grange as well as the Schools at Somerhill. Tonbridge and Sevenoaks Public Schools, the former is within walking distance.
The A21 at Quarry Hill gives access to the south coast, M25 and thence motorway network, Channel Tunnel Terminus and Ports. Gatwick, Heathrow and Stansted Airports as well as Bluewater and Ebbsfleet International Terminal.
Leisure Facilities include Golf at Poult Wood and Nizels Golf and Fitness Centre (Hildenborough). Tonbridge School Sports Centre.
From Sevenoaks direction proceed south through Hildenborough on the B245. On reaching Tonbridge proceed through the first set of traffic lights. At the second set turn left into The Bordyke. Immediately after the left hand corner turn right at the junction into East Street. Where the road becomes one way turn right into Church Street and Fire Cart Barn will be found on the left hand side immediately before the terrace of cottages.
- Services: All Mains Services
- Local Authority: Tonbridge & Malling Borough Council, [use Contact Agent Button]
- Council Tax band (2018/19): C
Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation.
Semi-detached Grade II listed barn conversion
Tucked away town centre position
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: