Staunton and Corse Church of England Primary School (0.6mi.)
Redmarley Church of England Primary School (2.3mi.)
Pendock CofE Primary School (2.4mi.)
A beautiful detached 4 bedroom bungalow with land, outbuildings and generous gardens; In all 2 Acres
Spacious single-story property (1,718 sq ft) close to Hartpury/Cheltenham/M5
4 double beds, 2 baths, sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room
Attractive garden, ample parking, double garage.
Level post & rail paddocks, stables/storage & orchard
Summary of Features * Spacious Chartist single-story property (1,718 ft²)
* 4 double bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms
* Sitting room, kitchen/breakfast room, utility.
* Attractive garden, ample parking, double garage
* Level post & rail paddocks, stables/storage & orchard
* Excellent logistical location; Hartpury College/Cheltenham/M5
* In all 2 Acres
Location * Mileages: Ledbury 8 miles, Gloucester 9 miles, Malvern 13½ miles, Cheltenham 14 miles, Ross-on-Wye 16 miles,
* Road: M50 (Jct 2) 3½ miles, M5 (Jct 9) 10 miles, M5 (Jct 8) 14 miles
* Railway: Ledbury & Gloucester
* Airport: Birmingham 58½, Bristol 52½
Situation The Willows is set within a lovely location, situated off the main road between Ledbury and Gloucester within the rural parish of Staunton which is found in the picturesque corner of North West Gloucestershire on the borders of Worcestershire and Herefordshire. The area is renowned for offering a sought-after rural quality of life combined with excellent communication links to the rest of the country. It is perfectly placed for easy access to Ledbury, Gloucester, Cheltenham and Bristol.
The Willows The Willows is a Chartist cottage constructed circa 1848. The single-storey brick cottage originally had four rooms and a front with a central pediment or low gable. The Willows (not listed) has now been developed into a spacious property in a beautiful country location within the Conservation area village of Staunton.
* The property offers a lovely light and airy triple aspect sitting room in excellent décor. There is the option of installing a wood burning stove which would complement the room.
* A delightful sizeable kitchen/breakfast room with a utility room adjacent and access to a south-facing patio & BBQ area, gardens and garden access through gates to the paddocks.
* A generous master bedroom with built-in wardrobes and with access to the patio area via double glazed doors. Adjacent to the master bedroom is a modern bathroom with marble floors and walls.
* There are 3 other double bedrooms and a 4th bedroom being used as a dressing room plus a family bath/shower room with roll-top bath.
* UPVC glazing throughout.
The Outside * The Willows offers ample parking via two wooden gated entrances together with good access for larger vehicles or a horse box via double gates to the paddocks at the rear of the property.
* 1 acre of level paddocks predominately enclosed by post & rail fencing.
* There is a block three former stables with concrete floor, tack room (with W.C.) & yard, currently used as storage & utility area. All of which can be reinstated back to pony stables and tack room.
* All stables and stores have water & electricity. There is also a water supply to the land.
* An enclosed, dry area to the rear of the stable block provides space for a workshop.
* Additional sheds, a poly tunnel and two aviaries are also at the rear of the property.
* To the front & side of the property is a lawned area with the remainder of the gardens to the rear consisting of lawn with established herbaceous borders and mature shrubs, attractive patio area and pond which is fenced.
* Double garage with up & over doors, power & lighting.
* The Willows owns a lovely Orchard with plum, pear and apple trees which is found opposite the property and provides a good fruit harvest.
Services Mains electricity, water & drainage, oil fired central heating.
Broadband Available and connected.
Council Tax Band 'E' (£2,013.75 2018/19).
Local Authority Forest of Dean District Council[use Contact Agent Button].
Listing This property is not listed.
EPC Rated "D".
Primary Staunton. Further information is available at: and
Secondary Ledbury, Newent & Gloucester. For further information, please visit the above websites.
Independent Gloucester, Malvern, Cheltenham. Further information is available at:
Local Staunton village has a thriving community centred on 'The Cross' and The Swan Inn, offering a doctor's surgery, church, village hall and a well-stocked garden centre with coffee shop and restaurant. Convenience stores and a baker are in nearby Corse. A useful bus service operates to the surrounding districts. The Michelin-starred ' The Butchers Arms' can be found nearby in the village of Eldersfield.
Recreational The surrounding area provides a wealth of sporting and recreational opportunities particular in the Malvern Hills and the Severn Valley, both renowned for their outstanding natural beauty. Eldersfield and Corse Lawn have cricket clubs, golf/country clubs are at Tewkesbury Park & Puckrup Hall. The Three Counties showground at Malvern hosts a wide variety of year-round events. Tewkesbury, Malvern, Ledbury offer both theatre and cinema. Ledbury also hosts an annual Poetry Festival.
Equestrian The region is synonymous within the equestrian industry and The Willows is situated in the heart of this area. Hartpury College is just 5 miles away (host to a variety of national and international events), the Three Counties Showground and Cheltenham racecourse are both nearby.
Information The Willows has a restriction of 'No Business Use'.
Directions Postcode: GL19 3QB
From Gloucester - take the A417 passing through Maisemore and Hartpury into the village of Staunton. At the mini roundabout take the first left, continue along and taking the first turning left into Ledbury Road Crescent where the property can be found at the end of the left- hand side.
From Ledbury - take the A417 towards Gloucester for approximately 7½ miles. Shortly after Staunton Court, take the first right into Ledbury Road Crescent and the property is the second on the right.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: