- Traditional 3-bedroom farmhouse
- Traditional steading with further guest accommodation
- Architect designed office building with workshop and garages
- Modern portal frame outbuilding
- About 324 acres of hill ground and rough grazing, with 98 acres of permanent pasture as well 176 acres of woodland
- Telecom mast providing secondary source of income
- Trout loch and duck flighting ponds, together with frontage on to the River Teith
- Red deer and roe deer stalking together with occasional grouse and a good low ground pheasant shoot
- Further outbuildings with potential for conversion to residential use subject to the necessary consents
- About 243.07 Ha (600.62 Acres)
CLOSING DATE SET FOR THURSDAY, 25 APRIL 2019 AT 12 NOON.
Wester Gartchonzie lies in a private secluded setting with spectacular views over the surrounding
countryside. The local town of Callander is one of the ‘gateways to the Highlands’ and provides the everyday amenities expected of a thriving town,
including a post office, supermarkets, specialist food shops, florist, chemist and a health centre.
The town has excellent primary and secondary schooling and the McLaren Leisure Centre offers a good range of sporting opportunities including a swimming pool. Callander Golf Club lies to the north of the town and there is a sailing club to the west on the nearby Loch Venacher. The River Teith is famous for its trout and salmon fishing. Callander and the surrounding area boast a number of tourist attractions including the steamship Sir Walter Scott on Loch Katrine, the Trossachs and Doune Castle.
The City of Stirling is the historic heart of Scotland with Stirling Castle, Bannockburn and the Wallace
Monument just a few of the many sights to visit in
the local area. There are some excellent golf clubs in the area including courses at Stirling, Callander and Dunblane, whilst the world famous courses at
Loch Lomond, Gleneagles and St Andrews are all
relatively easily accessible.
The Estate lies within the Loch Lomond & Trossachs National Park and offers world famous scenery with a plethora of recreation and leisure opportunities including water sports, hill walking and climbing.
Stirling is well placed for road, rail and bus connections to all major towns in Scotland. The pivot of the M9 and M80 motorway network is only 3 miles to the west of Stirling, giving quick access to Edinburgh and Glasgow.
Wester Gartchonzie is a lovely residential,
agricultural and sporting estate situated in the heart of the Trossachs. Wester Gartchonzie House is a delightful family home. A range of buildings of traditional construction have been erected in complete sympathy with the house. The buildings
around this courtyard include a reception hall,
together with a guest suite, a further guest suite,
store and game larder as well as a double garage
with the potential for conversion to further
ancillary accommodation subject to the necessary
building and planning consents.
A short distance from the house lies a useful portal
frame building which includes courts and bull pens,
a cattle race and crush and ample storage area.
To the rear of the traditional outbuildings is a modern building with office, workshop and garages.
EPC Rating = F
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: