AN EXTENSIVELY RENOVATED & EXTENDED GRADE II LISTED SEMI DETACHED COTTAGE WITH VERSATILE POD PROVIDING INCOME POTENTIAL IN A SEMI RURAL SETTING
Winifreds Cottage is a charming Grade II listed cottage, recently sympathetically remodeled and extended to create a versatile and comfortable country home. The cottage has also been subject to a judicious programme of renovations and attention to detail is evident in the custom made oak joinery complementing the original beams.
The sitting room is exceptionally inviting, having a cosy wood-burning stove set within the inglenook fireplace. A versatile second reception room has been created within the new extension. This would work equally well as a third bedroom, having integral storage and a contemporary wet room adjacent. There is ample room for dining in the kitchen/breakfast room which incorporates fitted cabinets with matching dresser and Rangemaster cooker. There is also a spacious traditional larder providing further storage. Upstairs are two delightful bedrooms, one on the first floor along with the family bathroom and separate cloakroom. Both the bathroom and shower room are fitted to a high specification with beautiful natural stone tiling and white suites. A pretty vaulted second bedroom is above and benefits from a further large walk in wardrobe. There are surprisingly lofty ceiling heights for a property of this age.
The gardens at Winifreds Cottage are a delight, beautifully landscaped to incorporate existing mature trees and shrubs complemented by masses of herbaceous plants. At the rear is an attractive knot garden with central mill-stone water feature and adjacent a climber clad pergola, creating the perfect setting to enjoy the surroundings. Along with a generously proportioned work-shop, there is a superb Armadilla pod, currently used as an Airbnb holiday let but ideal for numerous uses. Internally, this comprises a kitchenette, shower room and two sofas, creating a double or twin beds. Being environmental and sustainable this is a striking and useful addition to the property. There is a good level of parking provided at the front of the house.
- Sitting room
- Kitchen/breakfast room
- Reception room/bedroom 3
- Wet room
- 2/3 bedrooms
- Family bathroom
- Circa 0.3 acre in all
- Armadilla pod
- Workshop/log store
- Vegetable garden
Winifreds Cottage is set in a semi rural location in the village of Bethersden. The village has a post office, artisan butcher and grocer, two historic village inns and is home to the renowned Stephenson Bros Rocking Horses. Nearby Tenterden offers an excellent range of shops, supermarkets and amenities along its pretty tree lined High Street, and Ashford provides further comprehensive facilities.
There are a number of good schools in the area catering for children off all ages including Bethersden Primary School, Ashford School and Ashford Preparatory School, Norton Knatchbull and Highworth Grammar Schools at Ashford and Kings Canterbury.
The property is only 5.5 miles from Ashford International Station which provides services to London St Pancras with journey times from 36 minutes and to the Continent. The M20 gives access to Dover, Folkestone and the ports and to the M25 for Heathrow and Gatwick Airports and the City.
Ashford International 5.5 miles
Tenterden 6.5 miles
M20 Motorway 6 miles
London 60 miles
(All distances are approximate)
- Services: Gas fired central heating. Mains electricity, water & drainage. Pod has mains electricity, water & drainage.
- Local Authority: Ashford Borough Council: Tax band: C.
- Fixtures and fittings are excluded from the sale but may be available by separate negotiation. Light fittings by Jim Lawrence included in the sale
Strictly by appointment through Jackson-Stops. [use Contact Agent Button].
From Tenterden proceed north on the A28 towards Ashford. Pass through the village of High Halden and continue to Bethersden. Go past The Bull Inn on the left and Bethersden Cricket Club on the right. After a short distance and the sharp Z bend, turn left into Forge Hill. Continue for 300 yards then turn right into Mill Road. Winifreds Cottage will be found on the left hand side just before the cross-roads.
1. Renovation works since 2012 include: Redecoration throughout, installation of new gas central heating system, drains replaced, rewiring, new bathrooms, replacement windows, dormer windows restored, new carpets, rerouting of the mains water (to improve pressure) and gardens landscaping. Please ask the office for further details.
2. The Armadilla Pod is currently used as an Airbnb holiday let. Details may be seen on their website: https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16510605.
3. Some external photographs taken prior to marketing.
Jackson-Stops Private Finance specialises in advising on and arranging competitive mortgages quickly, efficiently and in a stress-free manner. Please contact the office for further information.
1. These particulars have been prepared in good faith as a general guide, they are not exhaustive and include information provided to us by other parties including the seller, not all of which will have been verified by us.
2. We have not carried out a detailed or structural survey; we have not tested any services, appliances or fittings. Measurements, floor plans, orientation and distances are given as approximate only and should not be relied on.
3. The photographs are not necessarily comprehensive or current, aspects may have changed since the photographs were taken. No assumption should be made that any contents are included in the sale.
4. We have not checked that the property has all necessary planning, building regulation approval, statutory or regulatory permissions or consents. Any reference to any alterations or use of any part of the property does not mean that necessary planning, building regulations, or other consent has been obtained.
5. Prospective purchasers should satisfy themselves by inspection, searches, enquiries, surveys, and professional advice about all relevant aspects of the property.
6. These particulars do not form part of any offer or contract and must not be relied upon as statements or representations of fact; we have no authority to make or give any representation or warranties in relation to the property. If these are required, you should include their terms in any contract between you and the seller.
Ashford International 5.5 miles
M20 Motorway 6 miles
Semi rural setting
Extended & renovated
1/2 reception rooms
2 bath/shower rooms
0.3 acres in all
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: