- Recently refurbished city home
- Popular De Freville area
- Close to shops/amenities and city centre
- Near central location
- No upward chain
- EPC Rating = D
A substantial double fronted near central Victorian property close to Midsummer Common and Jesus Green.
• Situated to the south eastern end of the road, close to Mitcham's Corner and the River Cam.
• Excellent everyday shopping facilities along Chesterton Road and Milton Road including a Co-Op supermarket, bakery, bank and Radmore's Farm Shop.
• City centre shopping amenities include the market square and Grand Arcade shopping centre. Local supermarket shopping options include outlets at the Grafton Centre and nearby Newmarket Road.
• To the west on Mitcham's Corner there is The Portland Arms pub – a hugely popular live music and comedy venue along with the riverside Boat House pub and well regarded Restaurant 22 on Chesterton Road.
• There are schools for all age groups in both the independent and state sectors in the city, the property is within Milton Road Primary and Chesterton Community College secondary school catchment areas.
• Cambridge railway station is 2.7 miles distant, with fast and frequent mainline services into London's Kings Cross and Liverpool Street stations (from 48 minutes). Cambridge North station (1.7 miles by bike or foot) opened in 2017 and offers a convenient local connection in to Cambridge and onward to London.
1 Springfield Road is a double fronted Victorian property of painted brick elevations with sash windows beneath a slate tiled roof. The house, which has been completely refurbished (and partially reconfigured to create a better use of the space) by the current owners, extends to 1,511 sq ft of accommodation laid out over ground and first floors and radiates off a central hallway and large landing.
To the left of the hallway is a well-proportioned double reception room which was formally two rooms with the added benefit of wooden floors and double "French doors" leading to the rear garden. To the right of the hall is a dining room with cast iron fireplace with Dutch tiles. To the rear is a large kitchen/breakfast room which has a comprehensive range of modern shaker style cabinetry and integrated appliances including a double oven. A WC with access to the rear garden completes the ground floor accommodation.
At first floor are 4 bedrooms, three of which are doubles. The master has the added benefit of a well-appointed shower room with white sanitary ware, Hans Grohe fittings and modern dark grouting. The family bathroom, a real feature of the house, has fantastic marble flooring, a free standing bath and Victoriana fittings to match.
The property, which retains a number of original features such as fireplace, arches and sash windows has painted green shutters to the front, can be seen in greater detail on the attached floorplans.
The is a small area to the front which has been used by the current owner for parking although does not have a dropped curb. The rear garden which is partly walled is fully enclosed and has a south west orientation. There is a side pedestrian access via the adjoining property which leads from Springfield Road.
Square Footage: 1511 sq ft
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: