- An attractive traditional dwelling within commuting distance of Glasgow, Edinburgh and Stirling
- Situated in a very private and idyllic position with a peaceful outlook over the surrounding countryside
- Spacious accommodation with the possibility to extend further
- Useful range of outbuildings with planning consent to convert to 6 residential units
- Separate private and well cared for garden and amenity grounds
- Productive block of pasture and arable ground with sporting potential
- Land and buildings with longer term development potential subject to necessary consents
- Range of buildings suitable for conversion to a number of business and equestrian purposes
- Attractive areas of amenity woodland close to an excellent network of pathways for hacking and walking
- About 42.21 Ha (104.30 Acres) in total.
Lochwood Farm enjoys a rural location approximately 1.6 miles to the south of the village of Gartcosh and some 8 miles east of Glasgow. Gartcosh Village provides day-to-day facilities including a village shop, pharmacy, grocer’s shop, golf club, children’s nursery and primary school. More extensive shopping and a wider range of services and facilities can be found in Glasgow Fort (1.5 miles) and Glasgow City Centre.
The surrounding area comprises an excellent mix of amenity and commercial woodland intertwined by rolling countryside, providing a wonderful setting for the property and ample opportunities for the outdoor and equestrian enthusiast. The property is located just to the south of the Bishop Loch which lies within the heart of the Seven Lochs Wetland Park allowing for fantastic walks, wildlife watching, fishing and other outdoor pursuits.
Lochwood is conveniently located for the commuter being only a short distance from all main arterial routes including the M73/M74, M80 and M8 allowing swift access to Glasgow, Stirling, Edinburgh and Carlisle. Gartcosh train station is close by which runs to all major routes, with Glasgow Airport being 17 miles distant and Edinburgh Airport approximately 35 miles distant from the property.
The City of Glasgow is known for its culture, universities and exhibition venues.
Lochwood Farm comprises a compact farming and amenity unit situated in a rural location close to Gartcosh. The property benefits from a traditional farmhouse, a range of traditional buildings which are located centrally within the holding, and an area of agricultural land extending to 42.21 Ha (104.30 Acres) in total.
The farmland is located in two blocks with the majority of the farmland situated to the north of the property with a further enclosure to the far west of the holding separated by the M73. The farm is equipped with a range of traditional steading buildings which currently benefit from detailed planning consent for conversion to six residential units, ranging from two to four bedroom homes, forming a traditional courtyard setting. More details of the planning consent can be found on Glasgow City Council website with reference: 07/03479/DC.
EPC Rating = F
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: