1. View the property or arrange for a representative you trust to view it for you.
2. Make an offer. On acceptance of your offer pay the holding fee of £500. This then secures the property (only once all holding fees have been paid if more than one applicant). At this time you will be passed to our onboarding platform Goodlord, who will commence your referencing, application and contracts process.
3. Your administration fee is £300 (for one tenant, subsequent tenants £60), or £180 (for each student applicant) and the deposit is usually equal to one month's rent. Deposits are protected with the Deposit Protection Service (DPS) and must be paid by the applicant and not a third party.
4. Ensure you provide photographic ID such as your passport, ID card or similar. If you are from overseas, Goodlord and ourselves will require evidence of your right to remain in the UK.
5. Have references for employment, previous tenancies and, if self-employed, your latest set of company accounts.
6. Have a guarantor (in the absence of references) who is a UK home owner and able to cover your obligations. Alternatively, you can pay all of the rent in advance.
7. Pay your first month's rent before the start date of your tenancy. Rent is paid monthly at the advertised PCM figure. Please call us on[use Contact Agent Button] to pay by debit card. Bank transfers are accepted, but payment is not cleared until the funds are received into our client account.
RENT & DEPOSIT
INITIAL PAYMENT £500
To have a property taken off the market and commence an application, per applicant. These funds will be deducted from the move in monies (deposit, rent and applicable agency fee) once the application is approved
Paid in advance, per calendar month
Usually equivalent to one months rent, paid in advance
AGENCY FEE £300
Includes referencing, credit search as appropriate per applicant, additional applicants @ £60 each
COMPANY AGENCY FEE £420
Includes referencing, credit search as appropriate
STUDENT AGENCY FEE £180
Includes referencing, credit search as appropriate per applicant, regardless of group size. Includes guarantor charge
GUARANTOR CHARGE £60
Non-student applicants with low incomes or no references
CORRESPONDENCE CHARGE £54
Per item sent as a result of non-compliance with contract
NON-EMERGENCY CALL OUT £60
Such as misplaced keys or own-fault maintenance call
LOSS OF KEYS £180
Minimum charge for replacing keys, locks, fobs, etc
All fees inclusive of VAT. Fees and terms are subject to change
For details on cancellation fees, please refer to your tenancy guide