- Stylishly presented Edwardian House
- Dunton Green station 0.3 miles
- Sevenoaks MLS 2.3 miles
- 3 reception rooms, conservatory
- 5 bedrooms, 4 bath/shower rooms
- About 0.7 of an acre, countryside views
- Landscaped gardens, swimming pool
- Triple garage with room over
- EPC Rating = E
Stylishly presented Edwardian family house of elegant proportions set in established and secluded gardens with a swimming pool and countryside views
Great Dunton House is situated in a convenient position within 0.3 miles of Dunton Green station. Dunton Green provides local shopping and amenities and Tesco supermarket in Riverhead is within 0.4 miles.
• Comprehensive Shopping: Sevenoaks (2.7 miles), Tunbridge Wells and Bluewater Shopping Centre.
• Mainline Rail Services: Dunton Green (1 mile, 0.3 miles via a public footpath) to London Charing Cross. Sevenoaks (2.2 miles) to London Bridge/Charing Cross/Cannon Street.
• Primary Schools: Chevening, Dunton Green, Otford and Riverhead.
• Secondary Schools: Knole Academy, Weald of Kent Grammar and Trinity Schools in Sevenoaks. Several in Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells.
• Private Schools: Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Walthamstow Hall Secondary Schools. The Granville, Sevenoaks, Walthamstow Hall, Solefields and New Beacon Prep Schools. St Michael’s and Russell House Prep Schools in Otford. Radnor House in Sundridge.
• Leisure Facilities: Wildernesse and Knole Golf clubs in Sevenoaks and Nizels Golf and Leisure Centre in Hildenbrough. Sevenoaks Leisure Centre. Cricket, Hockey, Football and Rugby in the Vine area of Sevenoaks.
• Communications: Junction 5 of the M25 provides access to the motorway network, Gatwick and Heathrow Airports and the Channel Tunnel.
Great Dunton House is a most attractive Edwardian family home with a wealth of period features, set in secluded landscaped gardens featuring a swimming pool and amounting to about 0.7 of an acre. The elegantly proportioned accommodation is arranged over three floors and has been stylishly updated by the current owners to a high specification.
Features include period fireplaces, high ceilings, dental and egg and dart cornice, sash and casement windows.
The reception hall provides a seating area featuring a fireplace with access to the cloakroom and rear garden terrace. An attractive staircase with turned oak handrail carved newel post rises to the upper floors. There is also a separate staircase leading to the basement.
The principal reception rooms provide spacious areas ideal for both entertaining and family living. The double aspect drawing room has a square bay window and centres around the striking open marble fireplace. The more informal sitting room also benefits from a bay window to the front and a fireplace with carved wooden surround and recessed shelving.
The impressive conservatory links with the dining area creating an excellent sequence of rooms. It enjoys an outlook and access to the rear garden.
The superb kitchen is fitted with bespoke wall and base cupboards. Quartz work surfaces extend into a breakfast bar and incorporate a 1½ bowl sink. Integral Neff appliances include an induction hob (with extractor over), oven, combination microwave, warming drawer, dishwasher and fridge. The dining area is ideal for formal and everyday occasions.
The adjoining utility room provides space for a washer dryer and fridge/freezer. A side door provides access to the rear garden.
The basement benefits from light and power together with a door to the side with direct access to an external staircase rising to the garden.
The spacious master bedroom has a well appointed en suite bathroom.
The guest bedroom has fitted wardrobes and an en suite shower room.
One further double bedroom and a contemporary bathroom completes the first floor.
Arranged over the second floor are two additional and generously proportioned bedrooms with part vaulted ceilings. One of the bedrooms has an adjoining dressing room.
A well appointed bathroom completes the accommodation.
The house is approached over a sweeping gravel driveway, providing extensive parking and leads to the detached triple garage with electrically operated doors, power and light connected. An external spiral staircase rises to the useful room over. To the rear is a self-contained hobbies room with sink. Mature hedging to the perimeter.
The landscaped rear gardens with far reaching countryside views provide a wonderful backdrop to the house. Principally laid to lawn with a generous paved terrace ideal for al fresco entertaining, which also extends to include a heated swimming pool. The garden is well stocked with a variety of mature specimen trees and evergreen hedging to the perimeter, providing a high degree of privacy. Also of benefit is a summerhouse.
Square Footage: 3839 sq ft
Acreage: 0.7 Acres
From Sevenoaks High Street head north on the A225 and at the traffic lights turn left onto Pembroke Road. At the next set of traffic lights turn right and proceed down the hill past Sevenoaks station into Riverhead. At the roundabout take the second exit and at the next take the first exit towards Dunton Green. On reaching Tesco on your left take the second exit at the roundabout. At the Rose and Crown Public House turn right onto London Road. Great Dunton House will be found shortly on the right hand side.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: