- 5 Bedrooms & 3 Reception Rooms
- A beautiful 17th Century house with charming 19th Century extension.
- Comfortable family accommodation.
- Beautiful gardens with herbaceous borders, specimen trees, orchard and furnished tree house.
- Adjacent to an SSSI and with delightful views over open farmland and to Ben Wyvis.
- Potential to create paddock.
- Within easy reach of Inverness and the airport.
- Sellers offering 50% contribution towards the cost of LBTT.
Meikle Kildrummie is a gracious, B listed 17th Century house close to Nairn on the Moray Coast. The house was built in c.1675 as the Dower House for the Kilravock estate, however, there is evidence of a dwelling here from an earlier period and the site is recognised as being of historical significance in the area.
The house, which is in the style of a traditional Scottish estate house of importance, has an elegant façade and crow stepped gables. The current owners, who bought the house in 1991, carried out modernisation shortly after purchase and since then the property has been maintained and upgraded in keeping with its listed status. Recent improvements include new fittings and underfloor heating in the main house bathroom, replacement windows, the installation of wood burning stoves in all the reception rooms and complete re-decoration. The 19th Century cottage extension is now incorporated into the main house, but offers the potential to provide self-contained residential or holiday letting accommodation.
Meikle Kildrummie is in a beautiful south facing setting and adjacent to the Kildrummie Kames, an SSSI protected for its natural geographical features and habitat for rare species of wildlife. The property sits in established grounds with sweeping lawns and specimen trees and is surrounded by open, arable farmland, dotted with mature trees and with distant views to the Black Isle and Ben Wyvis.
Purchasers should be aware that there are plans in place for upgrading the A96 between Inverness and Nairn. More information on this is available via:
The sellers are prepared to make a 50% contribution to the cost of LBTT liable on completion of the sale.
EPC Rating = F
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: