- Sitting Room
- Dining Room
- Five Bedrooms
- Lean-to Store & Boiler House
Hughlings House offers a wonderful opportunity to restore a five detached house into a family home of character. The house which is thought to date from the early part of the last century has fallen into disrepair in recent years and requires complete renovation. The village of Nether Stowey has a thriving community, a number of shops, pubs, a church, school etc and is within 20 minutes drive of both Bridgwater and Williton. It is conveniently located for those working at Hinkley Point and about half an hour from the M5 giving access to Bristol and London. For recreation, the Quantocks and Exmoor National Park are on the doorstep with the West Somerset Coast only a few miles away.
FOR SALE BY INFORMAL TENDER (SEALED BIDS) ON THE 22nd March 2017 (UNLESS PREVIOUSLY SOLD)
This is a non-binding sealed bid and all offers are subject to formal contract.
Informal Tender Conditions:
1. The vendors reserve the right to accept any or none of the offers received.
2. Offers must be for a fixed price and no escalating bids will be entertained.
3. The vendors will not consider any further or amended offers after the stipulated date and will not enter into discussion or correspondence thereafter.
4. The successful bidder will be expected to unconditionally exchange contracts within one month of acceptance of their bid.
5. Unsuccessful bidders will be advised within 7 days or earlier of the tender date.
6. Offers should preferably be sealed in an envelope and clearly marked on the reverse 'Hughlings House' and either posted or delivered to Chanin and Thomas, 9 Fore Street, Williton, Somerset, TA4 4PX no later than 12 noon on 22nd March 2017.
Sitting Room: 6.1m (20') x 3.91m (12'10)
Dining Room: 5.09m (16'8) x 3.18m (10'5)
Library: 4m (13'1) x 5.08m (16'8)
Kitchen: 3.95m (13') x 2.53m (8'4)
Cloakroom: 3.2m (10'6) x 1.33m (4'4)
* Note: the bedrooms will be numbered in the order in which they are approached rather than size order*
Bedroom One: 4.2m (13'9) x 3m (9'10)
Bedroom Two: 3.2m (10'6) x 1.83m (6')
Bedroom Three: 3.3m (10'10) x 3.56m (11'8)
Bedroom Four: 2.2m (7'3) (max) x 3.9m (12'10)
Bathroom: 2.4m (7'10) x 2.1m (6'11)
Bedroom Five: 3.2m (10'6) x 3.2m (10'6)
Outside: There are two lean-to stores adjacent to the house, a further brick and tile garden store, a large modern double garage 4.55m (14'11) x 5.9m (19'4) with up and over door, power and light, side door. To the front of the property there is parking in front of the garage and the front garden is well screened by a very tall and mature laurel hedge, giving complete privacy. The major part of the garden lies to the rear of the property and is very overgrown with lawn, fruit trees and other shrubs.
Services: We believe all main services are connected to the property, however the purchaser will need to make their own investigations.
Council Tax Band: F
EPC: G (certificate available on request)
Viewing: by appointment with the Agents please. We strongly recommend sturdy shoes when visiting the property.
Details for property ID 10403 supplied to Agents Mutual on 30/03/17 at 4:10 pm
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this: