In addition to paying the rent - as stipulated in the tenancy agreement - you will be required to make the following payments:
1.Before the tenancy starts:
- Holding Deposit: Equivalent to 1 week's rent (calculated as 1 months' rent x 12 months / 52 weeks)
The holding deposit will be allocated against the first months rent if your application and referencing is successful
- Deposit: Equivalent to 5 weeks' rent (calculated as 1 months' rent x 12 months / 52 weeks x 5 weeks)
2.During the tenancy:
- £50 including VAT if the tenancy agreement is changed at your request
- Interest on the late payment of rent at a rate of 3% above the Bank of England base rate
- Locksmith's charges (plus VAT if applicable) for any reasonably incurred costs for the loss of keys/security devices
3.Should you need to terminate your tenancy early:
- Any unpaid rent or other reasonable costs associated with your early termination of the tenancy
- Landlord's reasonable costs for re letting the property should a new tenant move in prior to the end of the original tenant's agreement (this cost will be as per the landlord fee schedule which is available upon request) Please note: On early termination of the tenancy, the tenant will remain liable for rent and all utilities until such time that a new tenancy supersedes theirs.
All these payments should be made to the Landlord's Agent - Fothergill Wyatt Limited.
4.During the tenancy, directly to the provider:
- Utilities - gas, electricity, water
- Communications - telephone and broadband - Installation of cable/satellite (if permitted and applicable)
- Subscription to cable/satellite supplier
- Television licence
- Council Tax
- Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Non-Housing Act Tenancies will incur a different scale of costs which are available on request.
Client Money Protection is provided by RICS.
Independent Redress is provided by The Property Ombudsman.
To find out more information regarding these, see details on the Fothergill Wyatt's website or by contacting us directly.
All deposits for properties fully managed by the agent are protected with the Custodial Tenancy Deposit Scheme.