6 bedroom barn conversion for sale
Llandough, Nr Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgam CF71 7LR>
- outstanding barn conversion
- superb views over farmland
- Living room, kitchen with flagstone flooring, family room and additional study
- highly adaptable accommodation of close to 6,000sq.ft
- set within a plot of 0.8 of an acre
- Six bedrooms including master bedroom suite
- Ample parking
- garage space with parking
- gym / home office
SITUATION Situated within this very desirable Vale Villages, nestled in fine countryside, yet a stones throw from the historic market town of Cowbridge and its excellent shops, restaurants and both primary and secondary schools. Cardiff (14 miles) has all the facilities of an important capital city including Culverhouse Cross Retail Park (9.4 miles).
The Historic Market Town of Cowbridge is at the heart of the rural vale and is famous for its quality, individual shops, boutiques; restaurants, pubs and cafes; and is home to a centrally positioned Waitrose store. Further services include a health centre, leisure centre, various sporting clubs, public library and Old Hall Community Centre. There are also local primary and secondary schools within the town itself. Access both east and west is via the A48, which by-passes the Town. The City of Cardiff which has the usual amenities of a Capital City lies some 13 miles to the east with a main line rail connection to London in around two hours. The M4 motorway lies to the north of Cowbridge and junctions 33, 34 and 35 service "The Vale". There are several golf courses within the area and the heritage coast with its cliff-top walks and mixture of sandy and stony beaches lies to the south and west.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * A simply outstanding barn conversion dating from 1880 in this most sought after of Vale Villages close to Cowbridge.
* With highly adaptable, extremely spacious accommodation of close to 6,000sq.ft and set n a plot of about 0.8 of an acre.
* The property has been thoughtfully created by the current owners and effortlessly blends immense character with modern, simple design.
* A galleried entrance hall with flagstone flooring from which a staircase leads to bedrooms and to ground floor master suite with a further door leading into the family lounge with additional accommodation beyond.
* Family lounge with oak flooring open to the pitch of the ceiling with a most impressive, exposed stone chimney breast created from cobbles salvaged from the original farm yard.
* From here, windows look into the courtyard garden whilst a doorway opens into the garden room and a further doorway leads into the kitchen/diner.
* Garden room is a more modern extension to the property with sedum roof. It is glazed to three sides and enjoys views looking out over, and opens to, the rear garden.
* Kitchen-dining room is another most impressive room, again open to the pitch of the ceiling. It has flagstone flooring and a bespoke handcrafted kitchen with Welsh slate work surfaces and a matching central island partly with slate and partly with wooden tops.
* Electric 4-oven Aga, American-style fridge-freezer and fully integrated dishwasher are to remain with space remaining for unit fridge freezer. There is ample space remaining for a good, family size dining table.
* French doors lead from here to the front courtyard garden; a stable door leads to the rear garden area.
* Neat utility area is located off the kitchen.
* A door links from the kitchen to a family sitting room beyond which is a study.
* Study includes a staircase to the first floor 'eastern wing' of the property with two double bedrooms both sharing use of a shower room.
* Master bedroom suite to the lower ground floor of the western wing features a sizeable master bedroom, dressing room and contemporary bathroom with freestanding bath and walk-in shower wet room area.
* To the first floor of the western wing are three double bedrooms all of these having use of a modern bathroom suite.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Ysgubor Goch, originally known as Great House Farm Barns, is accessed from the village lane over a track shared with Great House Farm, one other neighbour and a farm beyond.
* To the western side there is a forecourt parking area whilst, to the eastern side, there is additional parking and access into the garage block.
* Garage is a sizeable space detached from the main property and including an initial parking area with a further room beyond currently used as a home gym/study/work space. It includes a cloakroom/WC and a store.
* Immediately fronting the property and enjoying a great southerly aspect is a courtyard garden enclosed to three sides by Ysgubor Goch itself and, to the front, by chest high walling with centrally positioned timber 5-bar gates.
* To the rear of the property is a substantially larger enclosed garden, mainly laid to lawn and screened by mature hedging. It includes various paved seating areas and, to one corner, a productive vegetable patch.
* There is access to the garage block from the garden.
* Gardens and grounds are of about 0.8 of an acre in total.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric and water connect to the property. Electric fired Aga. Biomass/(wood pellet fired) boiler. This boiler an associated Hopper adjoins the garage block.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge Office, travel along Eastgate and at the traffic lights turn right onto St Athan Road. Pass out of Cowbridge, down the steep hill and as the road begins to rise again take the right hand turn signposted for Llandough. Travel over the river bridge, up the hill and bear left. Continue for a further 400 yards to find Ysgubor Goch to your right, set back from the village lane and accessed via a track
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this:
Property reference 100565024938. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan - Cowbridge. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.
*UKCreditRatings offer a 14-day trial to their credit report service. If you choose not to cancel within the trial period, you will incur the monthly subscription of £19.95 until you cancel the account.