4 bedroom detached house for sale
Colwinston, Near Cowbridge, Vale of Glamorgan, CF71 7NE>
- Enjoying quite superb open views over fields and farmland
- A generous detached family home in this most sought after of villages
- Large family lounge with wood burner
- Second sitting room, modern kitchen and wonderful garden room
- Also ground floor shower room / WC and utility room.
- Four double bedrooms and a family bathroom
- Driveway parking and double garage
- Good sized garden to rear enjoying the open, southerly aspect
- EPC rating: TBC
SITUATION The Village of Colwinston is positioned within gently rolling countryside and contains a number of period houses, St. David's Church in Wales Primary School, Church, public house, village hall and cricket and sports ground. The village is also within the catchment area for Cowbridge Comprehensive School. Although enjoying the benefits of a rural community, the Village is accessible to the nearby towns of Cowbridge and Bridgend. The City of Cardiff is also within reach via the A48 road and the M4 Motorway (Junction 35) at Pencoed provides access to other major commercial centres in the region.
ABOUT THE PROPERTY * Ridgeway is a detached family home enjoying most wonderful views in a southerly direction over open fields and farmland.
* Ground floor entrance hallway with wood block flooring extending into lounge and into sitting room.
* Lounge with wood burning stove; this lovely long room has doors opening into the garden room extension.
* Second sitting room also looking to the front of the property.
* Modern kitchen to the heart of the home with oven, hob and fully integrated fridge all to remain. Space/plumbing for dishwasher.
* A more recent addition to the property is a wonderfully light garden room positioned to enjoy quite amazing views, looking out over a slate-paved patio and the rear garden onto open farmland
* Ground floor cloakroom/shower room off hallway; and also a separate utility room with space/plumbing for washing machine and for additional storage.
* To the first floor is a central landing area with doors leading to all four double bedrooms and to the family bathroom.
* The two principle bedrooms are positioned to the rear of the property and both enjoy the fine open southerly aspect.
* Contemporary family bathroom with bath and separate shower cubicle.
GARDENS AND GROUNDS * Access from the road through the centre of the village and leads onto a driveway. Driveway skirts passed a lawned front garden and leads, to the side of the property, to a parking area fronting the garage.
* The double garage (approx. max. 4.9m x 4.9m) is accessed via a roller door (new, 2021) and has power connected; it is attached to the neighbours garage
* To the rear of the property is the paved patio accessed directly from the garden room . This is positioned to make the most of the absolutely stunning views in a southerly direction over open fields and farmland towards the coast
* Steps lead from the patio to a larger, mainly lawned garden which, in turn, looks out over onto the open fields beyond.
TENURE AND SERVICES Freehold. Mains electric, water and sewerage connected to the property. Oil fired central heating.
DIRECTIONS From our Cowbridge Office, travel in a westerly direction along the A48, and after approximately 2 miles take the first left hand turning signposted for Colwinston. Follow this road into the Village, passing the turning towards Llysworney and continue in the direction of the Sycamore Tree public house. Ridgeway will be to your left after about 200 metres, set back from the road.
PROCEEDS OF CRIME ACT 2002 Watts & Morgan LLP are obliged to report any knowledge or reasonable suspicion of money laundering to NCA (National Crime Agency) and should such a report prove necessary may be precluded from conducting any further work without consent from NCA.
Property information from this agent
Watts & Morgan - Cowbridge
55 High Street Cowbridge CF71 7AE
See more properties like this:
Property reference 100565027736. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by Watts & Morgan - Cowbridge. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.
*UKCreditRatings offer a 14-day trial to their credit report service. If you choose not to cancel within the trial period, you will incur the monthly subscription of £19.95 until you cancel the account.