3 bedroom detached house for sale
Main Street, Southorpe>
- Tenure: Freehold
- Over 2,000 sq ft of internal accommodation
- Entrance Porch
- Breakfast Kitchen with door to rear courtyard Terrace
- Inner hallway with stairs to first floor
- Sitting Room with feature fireplace and wood burner
- Study and separate Garden Room
- Principle Double Bedroom with striking vaulted ceiling
- Two Further large double Bedrooms & Family Bathroom
- South facing and enclosed Garden
- Single Garage with additional off-street parking
The charming hamlet of Southorpe is located approximately five miles from the Georgian market town of Stamford and about 9 miles from the Cathedral City of Peterborough, the latter offering a high-speed rail link to London, King’s Cross. Situated amidst gently undulating countryside, Southorpe is well placed for access to both Stamford and Peterborough with the popular village of Ufford, noted for its many stone properties dating from 17th and 18th centuries, village hall and excellent public house/restaurant, a short walk away.
The area has excellent state and private schooling in Stamford, Oakham, Uppingham and Oundle. Leisure pursuits are well catered for including golf at Burghley Park, Peterborough Milton, Luffenham Heath and Greetham Valley Golf Clubs. Popular Rutland Water with its nature reserve, sailing, water sports, cycling and trout fishing is some 7 miles to the west, whilst Tallington Lakes is a more local option too. The open countryside surrounding Southorpe offers a network of footpaths and bridleways for exploration also.
Bottom Farmhouse is a most attractive detached house made of local stone, sitting discretely to the southern edge of the hamlet of Southorpe. The property is compact yet offers a versatile living and entertaining space, good sized garden, private terraced seating area, off-street parking, and a useful single Garage in addition. Bottom Farmhouse is the first of three properties accessed off Main Street down an attractive gravelled driveway to a more open parking area.
On entering the property through the front door, a useful internal porch area provides both a thermal break from the heart of the home and a chance to hang coats and remove outside shoes. Continuing into the generous breakfast kitchen there is a feeling of light and space complimented by windows to the front and side elevations as well as a door to the garden and terrace to the rear. The feature inglenook fireplace provides a focus for this modern space with a nod to the history of an older property.
From the Kitchen and via the internal hallway you pass the downstairs w/c and under stair cupboard. To the southern end of the ground floor is the sitting room with wood burning stove and views south across the garden. The study, with south facing window and the recently added Garden room. The Garden room provides a versatile space with large windows on two sides and expansive views to the south over the garden and to the countryside beyond.
Returning to the inner hallway, stairs rise to the first floor where may be found 3 large double bedrooms and a family bathroom. The principal bedroom has a feature vaulted ceiling with beautiful, exposed timbers ensuring a theatrical experience and further feeling of light and space.
An attractive gravel drive leads from the road to a parking area in front of the Garages for Bottom Farmhouse and its neighbours. To the front is a modest raised terrace with decorative plantings and to the immediate rear, accessed from the Kitchen, a further private terraced area for al fresco dining and seating. The south facing Garden is laid to lawn and is secured by discrete fences and stone walls adding notable character to this attractive property.
Mains water and electricity are connected. Oil fired central heating. Private drainage. None of the services have been tested by the agents.
FIXTURES AND FITTINGS
Only those mentioned in these sales particulars are included in the sale. All others, such as curtains, light fitting and garden ornaments are specifically excluded but may be available by separate negotiation.
Peterborough Council:[use Contact Agent Button]
The property may only be inspected by prior arrangement through King West,
[use Contact Agent Button]
From Stamford, take the B1443 Barnack Road, travelling through Pilsgate. On approaching the village of Barnack, fork right on to the Walcot Road, signed for Ufford and Southorpe. Continue for approximately 2 miles on this road in to Southorpe and Bottom Farmhouse may be found on the left-hand side after approximately 400yards and just before you leave the Village.
Entering Southorpe from the South travelling on Sutton Heath Road, Bottom Farmhouse may be found on the right-hand side at the start of Main Street.
King West, their joint Agents (if any) and clients give notice that:
1. These property particulars should not be regarded as an offer, or contract or part of one. You should not rely on any statements by King West in the particulars, or by word of mouth or in writing as being factually accurate about the property, nor its condition or its value. We have no authority to make any representations or warranties in relation to the property either here or elsewhere and accordingly any information given is entirely without responsibility.
2. The photographs illustrate parts of the property as were apparent at the time they were taken. Any areas, measurements or distances are approximate only.
3. Any reference to the use or alterations of any part of the property does not imply that the necessary planning, building regulations or other consents have been obtained. It is the responsibility of a purchaser or lessee to confirm that these have been dealt with properly and that all information is correct.
4. All dimensions, descriptions, areas, reference to condition and permission for use and occupation and their details are given in good faith and are believed to be correct, but intending purchasers should not rely upon them as statements of fact but must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise as to the accuracy of each item.
5. King West have not tested any services, equipment or facilities, the buyer or lessee must satisfy themselves by inspection or otherwise.
6. MONEY LAUNDERING REGULATIONS: Intending purchasers will be asked to produce satisfactory proof of their identification and address at the point any sale is agreed in order to comply with The Money Laundering, Terrorist Financing and Transfer of Funds (Information on the Payer) Regulations 2017. King West asks for your co-operation in this regard. March 2021
Property information from this agent
See more properties like this:
Property reference STA200083. The information displayed about this property comprises a property advertisement. OnTheMarket.com makes no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of the advertisement or any linked or associated information, and OnTheMarket.com has no control over the content. This property advertisement does not constitute property particulars. The information is provided and maintained by King West - Stamford. Please contact the property advertiser directly to obtain any information which may be available under the terms of The Energy Performance of Buildings (Certificates and Inspections) (England and Wales) Regulations 2007 or the Home Report if in relation to a residential property in Scotland.
Call rate information
Calls to 0843 numbers will be charged at 4p/min from BT landlines. Calls from other networks may vary, and calls from mobiles and outside the UK will be higher. Calls to local numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03 numbers will incur standard geographic charges from landlines and mobiles.
*UKCreditRatings offer a 14-day trial to their credit report service. If you choose not to cancel within the trial period, you will incur the monthly subscription of £19.95 until you cancel the account.